2 CPUS?

Hi, I just got a new computer with a single 2.8 Ghz processor, but the device manager has 2 of them listed, and the same with the task manager... It seems like "both" CPUs are active... But I only have one processor.. Anyone else encounter this problem? Solution?

The HyperThreading feature creates a 2nd Logical Processor which helps do more tasks simultaniously. :)

HyperThreading is awesome. Makes my life so much easier.

One more question... What's a "normal" CPU temp.. I'm just curious if I want to overclock my 2.8 to something higher.. I overclocked it to 3.36 Ghz and got a temp of roughly 44C.. with a high load on the CPU

The "normal" CPU temp would depend on the CPU. My AthlonXP 3000 works at 50C when working hard, down to almost 40 when idle. Before I got a decent fan, it used to be 60C+. If you stay below 50C, I would say you have a very cool CPU. As long as you don't get any crashes, you should leave it OC'ed. ;)

One more question... What's a "normal" CPU temp.. I'm just curious if I want to overclock my 2.8 to something higher.. I overclocked it to 3.36 Ghz and got a temp of roughly 44C.. with a high load on the CPU

There anytihng from 40-50 on load is fine.

Congrats, that is a good temp!

Athlons are insane. My current CPU (1800+) is running at between 70*C and 75*C, 100% load and it's been fine for the last 4 months that it's been up (non-stop). This is probably because i don't have any thermal paste on, the heatsink doesn't fit and the CPU fan only goes at 2000rpm :). Never crashed tho, so I don't care :p.

Athlons are insane. My current CPU (1800+) is running at between 70*C and 75*C, 100% load and it's been fine for the last 4 months that it's been up (non-stop). This is probably because i don't have any thermal paste on, the heatsink doesn't fit and the CPU fan only goes at 2000rpm :). Never crashed tho, so I don't care :p.

Can we say off-topic :huh:

70-75 degrees....holy ****!

around 60 degrees C you encounter data corruption at some levels......

/me hugs my OC'd P4 at 29*C......with factory cooling even. :yes:

uhm that's pretty stupid i must say... hmm thermal paste.. cheap ones are like <5$. and then a new fan + heatsink.. maybe 11 bucks.. dude i would ay invest 15/16 dollars in your pc to prevent that thing from burning up :s :shifty:

you mean a 2.4 with HT :whistle:

I actually meant a 2.6 w/ HT. So It could just be the speed increase on the processor that I am noticing, and not the HT. I dunno why I thought it was a 2.2

holy....want some midol for that?

hankie?

If you want to talk about AMD CPU tempature issues make your own thread.

Posts in a particular forum need to stay on topic. If you want to talk about something that is drastically removed from the topic of a forum, please take it to General Discussion. General Discussion was set up and designed for members to discuss issues not related to a specific forum section. We welcome most general conversation in the General Discussion, but discourage it from other forums. Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/rules.htm