Drivers updates/recommendations by CCleaner

According to CCleaner Driver Updater some of my Intel drivers need to be updated. What exactly do these do?
e.g. Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant, Tuning Manager

And it is wise/necessary to do update these this tool?

Intel's DSA doesn't give any updates on my CPU/GPU.
Also MyASUS doesn't list any updates for my system.

image.png

Jim K pretty much bottomed lined it.

p.s. but some general advice... I would avoid programs like CCleaner. they are more trouble than they are worth. like after a clean install of Windows, just install what you need and don't worry about maintenance type of programs. even with anti-virus, just stick with the defaults that comes with Windows as it's not really worth using alternatives, especially if you are careful on what you do on the PC.

• Thanks 2

I go by the rule, unless you see an upgrade that really will help you, do it. Otherwise, don't.

(Your first non-long post, ThaCrip.. :laugh: )

• Haha 2

Hello,

Intel Dynamic Tuning are manufacturer-specific drivers that allow the system to adjust CPU frequency, battery life and fan speed.

The Intel Management Engine is a set of firmware and drivers used by enterprises to remotely manage their computers.

The Intel Serial I/O drivers act as remote serial ports for the Intel Management Engine.

These device drivers (and the firmware that supports them) often tend to be manufacturer and model specific.

I would strongly suggest you visit ASUS' support web site directly to see if any updates are available for direct download for your specific model of computer.  If none are available for download, try visiting Intel's support web site and see if any are available for your computer based on its CPU and chipset over there. have stated

Just as @Jim K, @ThaCrip, and @Mindovermaster have stated, I do not recommend the use of third-party device driver updaters as they risk the possibility of installing the wrong drivers, making your computer inoperaable until removed in Safe Mode or Windows is reinstalled.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Edited by goretsky
fixed a typo
  • Like 1

On 04/03/2023 at 14:23, Mindovermaster said:

I go by the rule, unless you see an upgrade that really will help you, do it. Otherwise, don't.

Yeah, which is pretty much inline with what many others are saying around here.

but just in terms of general drivers and the like... pretty much stick with whatever Windows gives you besides maybe the GPU driver if you got NVIDIA or AMD at which point just get it from there website from time-to-time. outside of that, chances are you don't have to do anything and things will be nice and reliable.

On 04/03/2023 at 14:23, Mindovermaster said:

(Your first non-long post, ThaCrip.. :laugh: )

Not quite, but I get your point here (given many, maybe even most of my posts, are longer than most others around here to semi-novel level).

but another short post here (or short enough). it's a miracle, two in a row ;)

• Like 1