Do you have an Android or an iPhone?

Do you have an Android or an iPhone?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary cellphone Android or iPhone?

• iPhone
    • Android
    • Other
    • I don't have a cellphone.
    • My work phone is an iPhone and my personal phone is Android
    • My work phone is Android and my personal phone is an iPhone.
    • Both work and personal phones are iPhones
    • Both work and personal phones are Android.
    • My Primary Phone is both iPhone and Android.

So technically I should get two votes since my personal and my work phones are iPhones lol

Honestly, it was working on iPhones some years back that made me switch. Moving an executive from one Android phone to another was more of a hassle, than just backing them up over iTunes back then.

If it wasn't for that, I'd probably have stuck with Android. The big things that bothered me with my Android devices though were that... I didn't customize my phone that much and, for all the crap people would give Apple over phones getting slower, my Android phones actually did feel like they got a lot slower. I'd factory reset on average about every 6 months, while my friend would always tell me to upgrade to the next Samsung.

These days? I hold onto my phone a minimum of 3 years at least, never factory reset (though I do pull pictures/videos off once a year), and I really don't care about the latest iPhone at all, until I'm ready for a new one.

The only thing I miss from Android is my good ol' WiFi Analyzer to sniff out radio signals... but thankfully, there are apps for that on laptops as well. Just kinda stupid to carry around a laptop to find a rogue AP. :laugh: 

• Like 3

Voted other. I have an iPhone 13 Pro and Samsung Z Flip 3, so running both. The iPhone is my main phone. The Z Fold 3 is a local number as my main I have had for over 20 years from before I moved.

With my past in support, development, and now cyber sec, I have always needed to have access to as many platforms as possible. I am as close to platform agnostic as possible.

• Like 2

iPhone. Nothing will convince me to switch to Android. I tried many times—Android's hardware is much better and more diverse, but the OS is absolutely revolting.

Been a long time fan of Android myself.  My girlfriend uses an iPhone, nice hardware but personally can't stand the OS, just some bizarre design decisions with little discoverability, and practically zero flexibility. 

• Like 2

Android with a custom rom (LineageOS).

I prefer Android as i don't feel like I'm locked in to any one ecosystem. It doesn't matter what service I use to sync my contacts / email, or who I use for cloud storage, photos or even what web browser / password manager I use. Third party apps and services integrate well with the OS apps and play nice with each other.

I make use of split screening apps daily on Android, along with running an app in a work profile side by side with an app that is not. Unless the iPhone has changed in recent times I'm pretty sure you can't split screen apps, which is a feature I find really useful on the go.

Also, I like how theirs a larger variety of hardware, so no matter what your key requirements or budget for a mobile device are, their should be a device which meets them. I don't really feel its worth spending so much more an on iPhone. I paid £300 for my OnePlus 5T back in 2018, its now 2023 and it still runs the latest apps / games, along with Android 13 perfectly fine.

The iPhone does somethings better though I admit, mainly guaranteed updates and seamless backups. However certainly for my usage I feel Android works better for me.

Android as personal phone... iPhone for work, which i hardly use because i hate it! 😛 Screen is too small, but that is an issue with the basic model work issues us! If they gave us decent iSheep devices, i would probably use it more, as all my calls are forwarded to personal... and rarely use it for email or txt's... again, only hating on apple, because i get given the lowest of the low!!! :D:D:D

Yep, Android here. Have only ever known 1 person who used an iPhone and she has had 2 of them. Didn't use either very long before dumping them.

Thanks for posting this Warwagon. Wondered if you would. Thought about it myself after I asked about that. ;)

On 15/03/2023 at 15:01, limok said:

Both. iPhone for work and Android for personal. 

created more choices to Accommodate your answer

Previously had Android. Recently switched up to iPhone with the 14.

Having recently used Android, there are still pros and cons on both for me.

iPhone 14 Pro Max. For a few years I have quite liked the idea of switching over, but since I have an apple watch, iPad and macbook, not to mention 99% of my friends and family also use iPhones so we always using imessage for group chats, it would make it very limiting and an awful experience compared to what I have now if I was to switch my phone. Apple has completely locked me in their ecosystem.

Android. I used to have an iPhone for work because it was the only thing they offered, but I would always pick Android if given the option.

On 17/03/2023 at 12:43, tsupersonic said:

Why is there no option for both? 😮

Added a choice for you. You have 2 phones with two numbers? or you keep swapping the sims back and forth? If you use one for something else other than making phone calls, I would consider the phone you make phone calls on to be the primary.