The Last of Us Part I (PC)

One week before release...

What do you guys think? Is is any good? Also graphic-wise?

(Given  it's is a remake of the 2013's award-winning The Last of Us game released on PlayStation. So almost 10 years later...)

it's a good game and holds up well. even the PS3 version still looks decent.

I'm not much of a console gamer anymore (mostly because vision/adhd making it hard to focus properly on a TV across the room) so I personally can't wait to have this on my Steam Deck.

Have a bit of a backlog of games right now so will probably hold off getting it right away and watch out for a Steam or 3rd party sale of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Played a bit of it now. It's good....still a few problems to sort out..They have already applied two patches (and have probably caused as many errors as they have fixed), but for me, its pretty good. I run a Ryzen 3600x with a 6gb RTX2060. I started the game and pretty much left the gfx settings alone. The game used 5gb of my 6!!!, everything was on low settings. I applied DLSS and this shed abit of vram, but not much. I capped the game at 60fps and it runs without bother at that. Had a crash about 10 mins in....not had another though. I decided when I launched the game for the 2nd time I would use the GeForce Experience Optimal settings and see what happens....So now the game runs with mostly high, some medium and quite a few ultra settings and still runs at 60fps (with a few dips here and there) and looks much better. It is now using 7.5gb of my 6gb vram though....hmmm....

Rather than starting with low settings and working up people, I would start high and work down, until its running and looking good for you....

The only other bug bear is the "Weapon Cross". The hud for the weapons seems hardwired to the cursor keys...so everytime i move left, right, etc, the weapon cross appears and chooses a different weapon. There is a way around this I hear, by using the "Cursor Keys" custom setting in the game. However, all keys are locked in that, so its not ideal. Hopefully a fix is in the pipeline...

It can only get better....