Ryan Coogler developing ‘X-Files’ reboot, says show’s original creator

Chris Carter stated that Coogler was creating a version of the sci-fi series with “a diverse cast.”

“The X-Files” original creator Chris Carter says Ryan Coogler is developing a reboot of the series.

Carter announced the news during an “On the Coast with Gloria Macarenko” appearance in recognition of “The X-Files'” 30th anniversary, according to Variety. “I just spoke to a young man, Ryan Coogler, who will remount ‘The X-Files’ with a diverse cast. So he’s got his work cut out because we covered so much territory.”

Neither Coogler nor 20th Television, the studio responsible for the original “X-Files,” have commented on Carter’s news.

https://news.yahoo.com/ryan-coogler-developing-x-files-185830012.html

It can never be as bad as the original series 11th season, right? RIGHT?!

image.gif

• Like 1

It would be very hard to be as bad as that last season :) Disney is really pushing hard on these former 20th Century Fox IP..they already released Prey, they are working on a new Alien movie and TV series, a new Percy Jackson series, and a new Planet of the Apes movie and now The X-Files..hope they do Alien Nation and Die Hard next :)

They really need to stop reviving classic shows/films.  This guy having produced 'Space Jam: A New Legacy' is all we need to know that this show will be completely terrible.

On 29/03/2023 at 23:48, Steven P. said:

image.gif

I remember when I saw that episode years ago, the laugh attack I had when that happened! Good times!

As for the reboot, no thanks. It wouldn't even work in the world of today. The show went pretty deep on subjects like religion, belief, motherhood.

Also, good luck finding actors that can reach the levels of chemistry Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny had.