Ahsoka (Disney+)

Dawson is Ashoka Tano, a former Padawan, in the new Star Wars spinoff "Ashoka," which was developed by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni. Also starring Natasha Liu Bordizzo and Hayden Christensen, it releases in August 2023.

I'm kinda ambivalent towards this show.  Sure, they did well bringing Ahsoka to life for Mando, but now they're bringing the Rebels cast to life, and Thrawn as well, and if they get even one tiny thing "wrong", the more rabid fans are going to lose their minds... Look at the rage over Ahsoka's lekku!

Honestly, I think I'd rather they continue the Rebels story in CGI...

I'll give this a try, but I'm kind of losing interest in SW like I have with the MCU.  I still haven't seen any of Mando s3, just no urge to TBH.

On 07/04/2023 at 16:51, George P said:

I'll give this a try, but I'm kind of losing interest in SW like I have with the MCU.  I still haven't seen any of Mando s3, just no urge to TBH.

There's definitely some fatigue setting in with both fandoms...

• 3 months later...
On 07/04/2023 at 09:49, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm kinda ambivalent towards this show.  Sure, they did well bringing Ahsoka to life for Mando, but now they're bringing the Rebels cast to life, and Thrawn as well, and if they get even one tiny thing "wrong", the more rabid fans are going to lose their minds... Look at the rage over Ahsoka's lekku!

Honestly, I think I'd rather they continue the Rebels story in CGI...

Jedi Karens will lose their ###### over anything these days. It is just the norm, sadly. It is sad that people get so worked up over movies/tv shows.

• Like 3

On 07/04/2023 at 10:59, Jim K said:

Well, guess I need to rewatch Rebels before August.  Been looking forward to this one...

I think knowledge of Rebels would help when watching Ahsoka but I think Dave said that they tried to stick in the information in the show, so it would not be a requirement. I would recommend it because it was a good show.

• Like 2

On 15/07/2023 at 16:59, hagjohn said:

I think knowledge of Rebels would help when watching Ahsoka but I think Dave said that they tried to stick in the information in the show, so it would not be a requirement. I would recommend it because it was a good show.

It started weak, but very soon became must-watch SW backstory.

• 1 month later...
On 15/07/2023 at 12:48, Dick Montage said:

It started weak, but very soon became must-watch SW backstory.

I like it so far. It is a little more laid back than the others but I think it will pick up.

The show has been great so far... I'm walking into it having never watched CW or Rebels, so my only basis is what I've seen from the Mandalorian.  Very curious to see how the next episode plays out.

Really enjoying Ahsoka so far. The story writing is at least on par with Andor. The visuals are quite good too and takes full advantage of HDR. It's an absolute joy to watch.

I have watched Clone Wars and Rebels and although I was sceptical about turning to live-action, it turned out rather well. Next step would be for Disney to scrap episodes 7-9 from canon haha.

On 06/09/2023 at 20:25, thexfile said:

They are going to introduce the multiverse to Star Wars.  This is meant to get out of the Lucas-verse.

Having another galaxy doesn't make it a multiverse lol

• Like 2

i'm enjoying it, I don't much about the lore of all the characters from around this period. Good characters, good action, decent script and the empire just standing/waiting around as usual for the rebels to attack... EP4 was twisty tho...

• Like 2

On 09/09/2023 at 21:07, margrave said:
  Hide contents

Afterlife? She die in the fall? No Jedi has ever died from falling.

You’ve not watched the series in which all this stuff was first explained.

Now, I’m not saying you “have to”, but before criticising the show, may be worth a little checking first.

On 10/09/2023 at 09:51, Dick Montage said:

You’ve not watched the series in which all this stuff was first explained.

Now, I’m not saying you “have to”, but before criticising the show, may be worth a little checking first.

Clone Wars?

I think Ray Stevenson as Baylan Skoll is probably one of the best characters in ANY Star Wars. He is awesome. RIP. 

Also Ivanna Sakhno as Shin Hati is really good. She gives off the feeling that she is gonna go on a murderous rage at any second really makes her character.