True Detective: Night Country

Jodie Foster, Kali Reis - When the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the eight men who operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To Solve the case two Detectives will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves.

So this is basically season 4 right?  I don't remember season 2 or 3, just felt off to me.  The first season is a masterpiece though.

• Like 2

Season 1 (Matthew McConaughey/Woody Harrelson) was watchable. but after that I lost interest as I tried to watch Season 2 but could not finish due to boredom and after that point I just dropped the series outright.

note: for those who don't know, at least given what I did see, each season is it's own thing. so you can watch Season 1 and skip the rest if you want.

p.s. but personally the only TV shows I have seen that are really worth mentioning are... 1-2)The Sopranos (1999-2007)/Breaking Bad (2008-2013) 3)Dexter (2006-2013 / Dexter: New Blood (2021-2022)) 4)Boardwalk Empire (2010-2014) 5)Better Call Saul (2015-2022) 6)Death Note (2006-2007).

On 13/04/2023 at 12:04, ThaCrip said:

Season 1 (Matthew McConaughey/Woody Harrelson) was watchable. but after that I lost interest as I tried to watch Season 2 but could not finish due to boredom and after that point I just dropped the series outright.

note: for those who don't know, at least given what I did see, each season is it's own thing. so you can watch Season 1 and skip the rest if you want.

p.s. but personally the only TV shows I have seen that are really worth mentioning are... 1-2)The Sopranos (1999-2007)/Breaking Bad (2008-2013) 3)Dexter (2006-2013 / Dexter: New Blood (2021-2022)) 4)Boardwalk Empire (2010-2014) 5)Better Call Saul (2015-2022) 6)Death Note (2006-2007).

Seen everything here except Death Note, deary me!

On 13/04/2023 at 08:22, Steven P. said:

Seen everything here except Death Note, deary me!

It's anime. 37 episodes at roughly 22 minutes each episode, which I watch with original Japanese language with English subs.

I am generally not into animated stuff all that much, but that was a exception. but it has declined for me on re-watches as time passed though, but it's still good enough for me as of my last re-watch (I think I have viewed it four times in total with most recent re-watch in Aug 2020) to be worth listing. come to think of it, those who like True Detective (Season 1) might like Death Note (2006-2007) as it's got a detective aspect to it trying to track down someone.

while Death Note is solid overall, I do think it losses a bit of steam once (MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD! (so don't click if you don't want to see))

Spoiler

...........................L dies (in Episode 25). note: Near(who basically takes over after L) is not as interesting as L is etc.

p.s. those TV shows I listed (in my previous post) would be good enough to be among movies I consider 'favorites'. I have seen 2,400+ total movies but only 145 would be good enough for me to consider among my favorites. even counting movies a bit shy of favorite status, that only adds in another 72 movies, bringing total to 217 movies. so it's like 6-9% of everything I have seen is good enough for me to call a favorite or thereabouts. or another way to put it... only about 1 out of every 16 movies I have seen is good enough for me to call a favorite (or about 1 out of 11 if you count movies just shy of favorite movie status). with that said, I only give about 20% (currently very close to 22-23%) MAX of everything I have seen a Thumbs Up as I ultimately break things into two basic groups... movies ill re-watch and movies not worth re-watching as this is what determines by basic Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down. so with that in mind about 77-80% of everything I have seen is a Thumbs Down. so while that sounds kind of bad, I would still say the majority of everything I have seen was at least decent enough not to waste my time. but since the core of movies to me is whether they are worth re-watching or not, that's what ultimately separates the truly good movies from 'just-another-movie' sort of thing. although opinions will vary on what's good or not etc but I simply choose what I like watching the most and that's how things played out for me over the long term so far as I did not have any restrictions on anything, it's just only a small amount really stand out from the pack.

Edited by ThaCrip

On 13/04/2023 at 14:51, ThaCrip said:

It's anime. 37 episodes at roughly 22 minutes each episode, which I watch with original Japanese language with English subs.

I am generally not into animated stuff all that much, but that was a exception. but it has declined for me on re-watches as time passed though, but it's still good enough for me as of my last re-watch (I think I have viewed it four times in total with most recent re-watch in Aug 2020) to be worth listing. come to think of it, those who like True Detective (Season 1) might like Death Note (2006-2007) as it's got a detective aspect to it trying to track down someone.

I just started Attack on Titan too 😛