Anyone have a Intel Arc Video Card?

Has anyone gotten a Arc A750 or a A770. I have started specking out a new system and was wondering what people thought of them. I have heard they have made some pretty major improvements on the drivers.

Yes, but it's the Arc 380, I use for my Plex server (Windows 11) to gain access to AV1 hardware encoding/decoding.
The driver's have made significant quality improvements. 

This is important, does  your Motherboard & CPU support 4GB Decoding & Resizable Bar, if not the card will not run at it's full performance.

• Like 2

On 27/04/2023 at 22:52, Eternal Tempest said:

Yes, but it's the Arc 380, I use for my Plex server (Windows 11) to gain access to AV1 hardware encoding/decoding.
The driver's have made significant quality improvements. 

This is important, does  your motherboard & CPU support 4GB & resizable bar, if not the card will not run at it's full performance.

I haven't picked a motherboard or cpu yet. Just starting.

On 27/04/2023 at 22:54, Xenon said:

I haven't picked a motherboard or cpu yet. Just starting.

On the AMD side, B450 Chipset and higher, with Ryzen 5000 series and higher support 4gb Decoding / Resizable Bar.
I'm running my card on PCI Express 3.0, but supports 4.0 and don't know how much of an impact it's causing.
I'm not using it for gaming, but for my purposed it's does H264/H265/AV1 process nicely for the purpose I bought it.

On the AMD side, I would aim for B5xx chip set or higher and Ryzen 5xxx or higher so you also have PCI express 4.0.

I'm not familiar with Intel side, but if looking, make sure is supports the same settings.
There's suppose to be some linking to intel igpu's that can boost performance, but not sure by how much if real or just marketing or which specific intel chips.

Games Nexus has a Feb 2023 re-review or the 750 / 780.

On 27/04/2023 at 23:01, Eternal Tempest said:

On the AMD side, B450 Chipset and higher, with Ryzen 5000 series and higher support 4gb Decoding / Resizable Bar.
I'm running my card on PCI Express 3.0, but supports 4.0 and don't know how much of an impact it's causing.
I'm not using it for gaming, but for my purposed it's does H264/H265/AV1 process nicely for the purpose I bought it.

On the AMD side, I would aim for B5xx chip set or higher and Ryzen 5xxx or higher so you also have PCI express 4.0.

I'm not familiar with Intel side, but if looking, make sure is supports the same settings.
There's suppose to be some linking to intel igpu's that can boost performance, but not sure by how much if real or just marketing or which specific intel chips.

Games Nexus has a Feb 2023 re-review or the 750 / 780.

Thanks for the info.

On 27/04/2023 at 15:31, Xenon said:

Has anyone gotten a Arc A750 or a A770. I have started specking out a new system and was wondering what people thought of them. I have heard they have made some pretty major improvements on the drivers.

I don't know why anyone would want to buy one.

Radeon RX 6600 XT is cheaper and faster than Arc A770

On 27/04/2023 at 23:18, Mockingbird said:

I don't know why anyone would want to buy one.

Radeon RX 6600 XT is cheaper and faster than Arc A770

I will be building a new machine to replace my Linux box and will consider an Intel GPU. My current box has a AMD GPU and would go AMD again but if using anything besides Ubuntu (mostly) you need alternative Mesa VA and VDPAU drivers which is a little bit of pain. That is not needed for Intel or Nvidia but I would never use a Nvidia GPU with Linux (closed source drivers and poor Wayland support).

Hello,

I have two Intel Arc A770 cards (one pre-production, one retail) and one ASRock Arc A380.  They all seem to work fine and I have not noticed any issues with them.  That said, I do not do a large amount of gaming. 

The A770s are a little different in that they require an internal USB 2.0 connection in order to control their LEDs, however, since I don't use that feature it can be left disconnected with no loss of performance from the card. 

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 28/04/2023 at 14:38, Good Bot, Bad Bot said:

I will be building a new machine to replace my Linux box and will consider an Intel GPU. My current box has a AMD GPU and would go AMD again but if using anything besides Ubuntu (mostly) you need alternative Mesa VA and VDPAU drivers which is a little bit of pain. That is not needed for Intel or Nvidia but I would never use a Nvidia GPU with Linux (closed source drivers and poor Wayland support).

Linux Kernel 6.2 (that just released) added native Arc driver support.

• Thanks 1

On 03/05/2023 at 07:09, Eternal Tempest said:

Linux Kernel 6.2 (that just released) added native Arc driver support.

I am aware which is why would consider Intel.