[WIN10] I have a game that I play that I would like to have multiple copies of

So the situation is this, the game in question is on Android, but they released a PC client which works for the most part, however when it comes to switching accounts, etc. the only way to do that is to reinstall the client since the game login is bound either via email or Facebook login, and once you select the email option, it remembers the address you used and you are unable to change it (in order to login to another account) I am thinking that it should be as simple as installing the PC client into a different location, and then create a shortcut that ID's what account it is. Is that the best way to accomplish this?

wow that's a bad implementation IMO. I'd recommend starting by sending an email to the dev to implement a log out / switch account option as it's weird that it's not available in the first place.

as for your work around, doesn't hurt to try at least :) 

On 22/05/2023 at 14:20, Brandon H said:

wow that's a bad implementation IMO. I'd recommend starting by sending an email to the dev to implement a log out / switch account option as it's weird that it's not available in the first place.

as for your work around, doesn't hurt to try at least :) 

They do have the option to logout/switch accounts, but it does not work on the PC client

It'll storing data in either the registry (most likely HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software), or one of the app data folders on your machine ( %APPDATA%, %LOCAL_APPDATA% or C:\ProgramData).

If you find out where it's storing it and just swap out whichever copy of the data you want to use each time. Just search for the name of the developer in those locations.

• Like 1