Jaguars still must trade QB to Washington

WASHINGTON -- The deal that will send Mark Brunell to the Washington Redskins is done -- finally.

Talks that began during Super Bowl week wrapped up late Thursday, when agent Leigh Steinberg and Redskins owner Dan Snyder agreed to a seven-year, $43 million contract with an $8.6 million signing bonus for the longtime Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback.

Brunell

The deal becomes official once the offseason trading period begins March 3. The Redskins will give the Jaguars a third-round draft pick for Brunell, according to a source familiar with the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity.

read more

wow. for only a third round draft pick? that could be a steal for the skins. :woot:

and the byron leftwich era officially begins for the jaguars

i saw on PTI yesterday that Jeff Garcia might not stay in San Francisco next year.. that might have been a better pick up for the Skins

in other news, danny weurffel(sp?) retired

We'll have to see how this works out, I have never seen anything that makes me wanna believe Brunell is anything other than an average QB. Skins will need a coupe of years to get back in it anyways, I guess they could have done worse. :wacko:

who cares about danny woefull?

i cant believe spurrier liked him. he must of had too much red balls cocain shake.

ramsey will have a great mentor in brunell. i think gibbs wants experience.

now all we need is terrell owens and a good running back. woot.

7 year, 43 mil contract with over 8 Million in bonus???

Holy crap. If he doesn't pan out (what makes anyone think he will, since he couldn't in Jax) the Skins are going to pay dearly. That's a boatload of cash for a has been.

now all we need is terrell owens and a good running back. woot.

I think you might have had red balls cocain shake.

You need a lot more than T.O. and you're not even getting him. :p

I don't think this will be good, he got killed with the jags because of the hits he took, and the same if not worse is going to happen in washington. They better keep Ramsey on the team to step in when Brunell is out for the year...