Disable "Snap to top of the edge" in Windows 11

Is there a way to disable the "Snap to top" (attachment #1) feature in Windows 11. Every time I move a window close to the top edge of the screen, Windows try to snap it as a maximized window. By pressing the Alt key (attachment #2) (to prevent this behaviour), Windows does snap it in the middle of the screen.
Disable the "Snap windows" in Settings, it disables all snap functions (snap to right, left...). I don't want to disable the snap function. 

On 17/09/2023 at 02:10, neo2023 said:

I think you didn't read my post entirely!

Best I found is this

Go to ease of access in the control panel, then go to "Make the keyboard easier to use" .. then check this option "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen"

Then follow this

https://superuser.com/questions/1765922/windows-10-can-i-disable-window-snap-from-mouse-but-not-from-keyboard

This disables snapping, which is not ideal, but you can disable snapping but use hot keys to do the same thing.

Best i got.

On 17/09/2023 at 17:15, Warwagon said:

Go to ease of access in the control pannel, then go to "Make the keyboard easier to use" .. then check this option

I googled "how to prevent a window from maximizing when dragging to the top of the screen" ...it was the first result.

That disables AeroSnap which OP doesn't want.

I'm not sure if you can disable just "snap to top" w/o also disabling snap left/right.

On 18/09/2023 at 01:45, Warwagon said:

Best I found is this

Go to ease of access in the control panel, then go to "Make the keyboard easier to use" .. then check this option "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen"

Then follow this

https://superuser.com/questions/1765922/windows-10-can-i-disable-window-snap-from-mouse-but-not-from-keyboard

This disables snapping, which is not ideal, but you can disable snapping but use hot keys to do the same thing.

Best i got.

Thanks. I'm aware of these settings. I use the snapping feature a lot (both with the mouse and keyboard). The problem is it disables this feature completely (all sides, right/left/down/top). 
The feature I want to be disabled is a window mouse-drag to the top of the edge (of the screen) snapping.

On 18/09/2023 at 02:03, Jim K said:

That disables AeroSnap which OP doesn't want.

I'm not sure if you can disable just "snap to top" w/o also disabling snap left/right.

I thought, maybe some registry key could change snapping (to the left/right/top/down) behaviours separately. 
It would be great if MS add a toglle key for each side of snapping layout settings (by mouse and keyboard).

Yeah, still not sure if what you're asking is possible.  I did search a bit for an answer...but came up blank. 

With that said, and after rereading your original post "Every time I move a window close to the top edge of the screen" .... if you toggle this off ...

Screenshot2023-09-18054645.jpg.ed9a4e963e0fbdaf8e07c5ba37f8ae77.jpg

It makes the the snap less sensitive.  You actually have to touch the edge of the screen before it triggers the snap (vs. being in the general area).

@Jim K

By default, I have the option checked. I have set snapping options like this (my settings screenshot):

image.png.80abd36d0242815cac7c874bef934219.png

Do you mean I have to have it unchecked or checked? But I can't see any significant difference (by checking the box out or unchecking it).