Where's the Windows 11 23H2 on my computer?

I have all latest Windows Updates installed (including October's Patch Tuesday), but still 'winver' lists 22H2.

How's that?
When will it turn to 23H2?

image.png

On 17/10/2023 at 17:29, Jim K said:

....When 23H2 is released sometime later this year...weeks, months...

(It hasn't come out yet)

So it's all incremental, half-way, 23H2-updates so far?! :blink:

Kiddingguy -- As the mod said, who knows when 23H2 will be available? After failing to find an ISO on Microsoft's Windows Downloads site, I opted into the Windows Insiders beta program. Voila, 22H2 was updated to 23H2.

FYI, this was realized through a small download -- there was no 5.5 GB ISO involved -- so there is no "clean install" option until the MS Windows Downloads updates from 22H2 to 23H2. 

Winver 23H2.png

You should be able to get it from UUP dump (although, seems like the main site is down at the moment... there are quite a few clones..) - UUP Dump ... i get most of my ISO's from there.. 

On 18/10/2023 at 13:33, pearlharbor49 said:

Kiddingguy -- As the mod said, who knows when 23H2 will be available? After failing to find an ISO on Microsoft's Windows Downloads site, I opted into the Windows Insiders beta program. Voila, 22H2 was updated to 23H2.

FYI, this was realized through a small download -- there was no 5.5 GB ISO involved -- so there is no "clean install" option until the MS Windows Downloads updates from 22H2 to 23H2. 

Winver 23H2.png

Ah well... I'll just wait then.
Apparently a future Windows Update [currently in Insiders-program] will bump the version, and some extra features/stability.

No real need to use UUP Dump or other external tooling to get it. I don't like a messed up Windows because of some bogus, unverified, update. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 18/10/2023 at 05:30, kiddingguy said:

Ah well... I'll just wait then.
Apparently a future Windows Update [currently in Insiders-program] will bump the version, and some extra features/stability.

No real need to use UUP Dump or other external tooling to get it. I don't like a messed up Windows because of some bogus, unverified, update. 

23H2 for Win11 eventually got released...on Halloween Tuesday October 31

almost a few months late in responding to this, hahaha 😁