Audigy: Can not turn off CMSS?

Ok, I have an odd problem. My Audigy, no matter if I keep CMSS off or not, upmixes all stereo sounds to 4 speakers (I have a 5.1 Creative 5100 system). This is great for music but terrible for gaming. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver with no change in the upmixing. I remember this happened mysteriously a few months ago where it just started happening and I finally got tired of it. Does anyone know how I can undo this so I have to use CMSS from the EAX control panel to get the upmixing? I really need to shut it off for gaming so I can actually have an idea where the sound is coming from.

forget that. I tried everything and after an hour of fiddle can no longer get any of the extra apps like eax control panel or speaker settings to work. I tried uninstalling but get the error below and if I re-install, nothing changes. I can't run them to alter anything. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I can't get CMSS off, but right now, I just want access to those apps again. That's all.

post-13-1077415626.jpg

Edited by bangbang023

this story has gotten alot weirder. I Uninstalled everything finally and installed the latest eax4 drivers that are listed for my audigy 1 card. However, I can install no software for it like the surround mixer or the eax control panel. They give an error about not being able to detect the required components. On top of that, the damn card still mixes ALL stereo sounds to 5 channels (not just dx sounds but even using wave output in winamp). Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I never have any luck with any kind of creative drivers.

if you still have th CD that came with drivers for your audigy, uninstall everything, and install everything on that CD to do with your sound card (all the drivers) THEN go to the software auto update thing on Creatives website and update. tell me how it goes.