AMD 2.6 + A7N8X Deluxe

Ok,

Just bought my new machine and I'm kinda of confused if I was cheated or not, so please help me

I`ve bought a 2.6 AMD XP processor and windows and asus probe say that my current CPU is 1150 MHZ but it's maximum is 3000 MHZ

I think one of the two happened here :

- The dealer wrongly added the 1.1 cpu or,

- the dealer forgot to configure it right

Since I'm in Brazil and all stores are closed till Thursday ( carnival festivities ) I would like to figure it out what happened, I can't open the box because it will break the dealer's certificate, so is there any setting that I should look to see if they mistaken the chip ?

TIA

Marcelo Simon

More than likely, you just need to go into the bios and change the bus speed to increase the speed of your processor. I've had to do the same w/ mine... Athlon 2400 showed up as 1.6 I think or something like that. Once I upped the bus speed, life was fine.

thanks for the reply ...

does anyone knows what MHZ an AMD 2.6+ should display ?

mine is currently at 1916 MHZ

and what happens if I up the fsb in the bios to 200MHZ ? ( completely OC newbie, I confess ).

thanks for the reply ...

and what happens if I up the fsb in the bios to 200MHZ ? ( completely OC newbie, I confess ).

depends: if it is a barton 2.08 i believe and a teroughbed b its 2.13 ghz

just put it on fsb @166 that sgould do the trick.

btw ias mentioned before : its 2600+ thats the rating. its unofficually comparible with a 2.6 ghz of intel most of the time they performce just a little less exept for those amd 64 wich owns a 3.2 ghz of intel:)

thanks for the reply ...

an athlon xp 2600+ is 2.0ghz

The FSB of the Athlon 2600+ is 333MHz, so if you set your FSB to 166, given that the mobo is DDR then 166x2 = 332.

In short, go into your bios and set the FSB to 166MHz.