airplane mode

nick,  when i click on the pic of the airplane in system tray the only thing that pops up is wifi turn on or off. Not all the options like it usually does.

win 11

On 19/10/2023 at 22:27, Bruinator said:

i figured it out when i got off the phone and googled it.  thx Nick for ur help.

Can you tell the rest of us what solved the issue?

I don't like unsolved mysteries, and your findings could help someone else if you let us know how you fixed it.

• Like 2

On 19/10/2023 at 18:16, Nick H. said:

Can you tell the rest of us what solved the issue?

I don't like unsolved mysteries, and your findings could help someone else if you let us know how you fixed it.

Might've been as simple as opening the settings app and searching "Airplane" or going to the Network & Internet section -> Airplane Mode and turning it off :) 

• Like 2

On 20/10/2023 at 00:21, Matthew S. said:

Might've been as simple as opening the settings app and searching "Airplane" or going to the Network & Internet section -> Airplane Mode and turning it off :) 

And I'm ok with that!

Something that you miss - it happens to all of us - or a setting that took you a while to find. No problem.

But I'm a guy from the 90's, and it was infuriating to ask a question and find the answer via Google where someone had the exact same issue and the final result in the thread was, "hey guys, no worries! I found the answer" without any details.

How does it help anyone else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh I agree, that's why I said what I said so it's not so open-ended 😛 

On 19/10/2023 at 19:21, Matthew S. said:

sure  jjust went into settings and network, and turned off airplan mode from on to off' sorry,

On 19/10/2023 at 18:34, Nick H. said:

And I'm ok with that!

Something that you miss - it happens to all of us - or a setting that took you a while to find. No problem.

But I'm a guy from the 90's, and it was infuriating to ask a question and find the answer via Google where someone had the exact same issue and the final result in the thread was, "hey guys, no worries! I found the answer" without any details.

How does it help anyone else?

Yep, I hate (Putting it kindly)  Individuals that say "Thanks, I fixed it" and then leave.

Especially if it's an odd problem that you Google search and you finally find a forum thread that talks about it

On 20/10/2023 at 11:52, Warwagon said:

Yep, I hate (Putting it kindly)  Individuals that say "Thanks, I fixed it" and then leave.

Especially if it's an odd problem that you Google search and you finally find a forum thread that talks about it

my bad. I usually always do.