Computer Case (well, sort of..)

This isn't really a technical question. It's more of a computer concept..

I have been thinking about this for the last month.

With the Mini-PC market skyrocketing, and my love for them, can this be done?

Is it possible to take it out of it's casing, and put it in a regular ATX/MATX/ITX case? I know the screws won't line up, but you can put a fabric, wood, acrylic, behind it. Or maybe include multiple Mini-PCs? Or something else as wacky as this?

I have seen NOTHING like this online.. Care to explain this?

Edited by Mindovermaster

You can do anything with a drill.  See if any of the holes line up on an existing motherboard tray (maybe you'll be lucky and the mini-PC mobo follows the ITX standard)...if they don't, drill (the case, not the motherboard).

But why?  Front headers, front I/O, missing back I/O shield (or non-standard rear I/O).  What would you need the extra size for...no (probably) PCIe slot on mobo for dGPU, ports for SSDs, etc.

Why???  ITX motherboards are a thing which can go into really small cases...or really large ones. Why do you want to MacGyver a non-standard mini-PC setup into a computer case.

Just wondering if it could be done. Hang it on your wall, make it look cool? Or show it off on top of your desk? For back, fron IOs, can't you just use USB hubs? strap it to the front/back of case? Run GPU cables out the Gfx back slits?

IDK, just to be different? Be the first if this hasn't been done?