Single memory mode with 4 ram sticks?

i have 4 sticks of pc3200 512mb ram. i was wondering if it is still possible to run in single memory mode, despite the fact i have 4 slots?

i was hoping there was a quick way to enable this, though my BIOS settings have "Memory settings: Dual Memory" locked.

i'm using an Intel PBZ875.

You have to have dual channel memory to be able to use that function - it doesnt matter how much memory you have if it isnt dual channel.........

Dual channel memory is sold in matched pairs just for that.

i have 4 sticks of pc3200 512mb ram. i was wondering if it is still possible to run in single memory mode, despite the fact i have 4 slots?

i was hoping there was a quick way to enable this, though my BIOS settings have "Memory settings: Dual Memory" locked.

i'm using an Intel PBZ875.

Why the hell would you want to enable that even if it was possible... :blink:

You have to have dual channel memory to be able to use that function - it doesnt matter how much memory you have if it isnt dual channel.........

Dual channel memory is sold in matched pairs just for that.

:no: Dual channel memory is simply marketing. There is no difference between regular memory and dual channel memory.

^ Except when that they are packaged together it guarantees that the two sticks are optimal for compatibility and in dual-channel mode the memory bandwith is effectively doubled

:no: Dual channel memory is simply marketing. There is no difference between regular memory and dual channel memory.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING? :o

dual channel can reallllyy improve your bandwidth!