Thinking of getting a Dell

I was wondering if some people could help me, i am currently looking online (dell.ca) at getting a new dell laptop.

here's some questions i have:

1. Whats the difference between Complete Care for 3yrs and the regular waranty for 3yrs??

2. What is all these WSXGA, WUXGA, WSXGA+ etc.... i know its about the screen but whats the difference in plain english??

because right now im looking at the Inspiron 8600, its $2,228.00 CND with only the regular waranty or 2,407.00 with complete care

oh and untill wednesday i get a free second battery and free upgrade to DVD burner (value: 250), $300 off (so the complete care would be 2,707.00 without the 300 rebate) and shipping for only $10......is that a good deal of is there a better system that dell is offering?

ps: the current i got is Pentium M 1.4 with WSXGA+ with 512mb of ram

Well, considering your current computer... why are you even upgrading? Hell, if you want to upgrade, just put some more RAM in your current system... I don't think it's worth $2500 to get, what? A better video card? Maybe a screen 1" bigger and +300Mhz?

Well, considering your current computer... why are you even upgrading? Hell, if you want to upgrade, just put some more RAM in your current system... I don't think it's worth $2500 to get, what? A better video card? Maybe a screen 1" bigger and +300Mhz?

my current laptop is a Compaq and it keeps freezing because of an heatsink issue....and yeah the video card is crap lol oh and its pretty heavy

OOHHHH, you didn't mention it was a Compaq. Damn, yeah, you should definately get a Dell. Complete Care has added clauses so you could basically throw your computer out your window, and if you were still under the warranty, they would just give you a new computer. Normal warranties just cover malfunctions, etc. Also, I believe Complete Care includes unlimited Dell Support, meaning when you call them in, if you have that account, you don't have to pay them, etc. I'm not sure about that stuff, but when I was getting my computer that was the impression I got...

To see the difference in all of the displays, when you choose Notebooks, and choose the computer you want, you get to a tabbed interface that defaults to "product highlights". click on "tech specs", go to "displays" and click "learn more". You can do that with any other part of the computer. They give full explainations for every part.

look at this alienware one,

Alienware Magnesium Alloy Chassis

Intel Pentium? 4 @ 2.8GHz 800FSB

Hyperthreading Technology

User-Upgradeable Graphics

ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 PRO 128MB

15.4" inch WideSXGA+ 1680x1050 LCD

20GB 5400rpm HDD

Infrared Remote control

3-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader

24x CDRW / 8X DVD Combo Drive

Was: $2,125.00

Price: $2,025.00

Before all applicable rebates.

http://alienware.com/system_pages/area-51m.aspx

1. Whats the difference between Complete Care for 3yrs and the regular waranty for 3yrs??

2. What is all these WSXGA, WUXGA, WSXGA+ etc.... i know its about the screen but whats the difference in plain english??

1. Complete Care will cover the computer if you damage it yourself and/or if its stolen etc... Its basically Insurance Policy for your PC. Whereas the regular warrenty covers Parts/Labor from anything thas defective and needs fixing.

2. Plain english the difference is the MAX NATIVE RESOLUTION.

See the Grid Here:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/...p&~series=inspn

look at this alienware one,

Alienware Magnesium Alloy Chassis

Intel Pentium? 4 @ 2.8GHz 800FSB

Hyperthreading Technology

User-Upgradeable Graphics

ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 PRO 128MB

15.4" inch WideSXGA+ 1680x1050 LCD

20GB 5400rpm HDD

Infrared Remote control

3-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader

24x CDRW / 8X DVD Combo Drive

Was: $2,125.00

Price: $2,025.00

Before all applicable rebates.

http://alienware.com/system_pages/area-51m.aspx

remember he is like me canadian, so make sure you say that their ammerican or canadian prices when posting

CompleteCare covers a lot more then the regular warranty, definitely a must for the notebooks!

I think it covers like spills on the system, little dents, key off the keyboard popped, etc.

remember he is like me canadian, so make sure you say that their ammerican or canadian prices when posting

i know, its 200 cheaper than the dell so it should come to just over it when u change, right?

Edit: its 450 over.