Need new monitor

Well my old crap monitor is acting up. Twitches every now and then. So..

I'm looking for good value/quality. Sort of like best bang for your buck. Nothing too expensive, but nothing cheap either. I'm also looking to get a crt or lcd. I've stopped playing games because i use xbox a lot now and school work and general use has taken over. Would lcd be good for multimedia? Say, playing movies, etc. I heard something about ghosting?

i would get an lcd, crts are phasing out. ghosting isn't really an issue with most modern lcds. i have had 3 kinds of lcds in my possession. one viewsonic old 15" model which bragged about a 16 ms response time, analog... it wasn't that great when it came to colors and image quality. the best ones were my samsung T models, i had both the 152T and the 173T running in dvi. though i think you could buy the analog models and you probably wouldn't miss much. i think samsung has the best colors of all lcds out on the market. though they say they only have a 25 ms response time, which some people would be concerned with ghosting. i have had 4 samsung lcds, and i've watched videos and played FPS games on them with no complaints.

I like my CRT better than my LCD.....

If you can get a nice, flat-screen, CRT that's bigger than the cheapest LCD, with better response time and higher resolution, for a cheaper price, then why not???? :)