Smart light issue

I purchased this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZL45898 back in June, wired it into the ceiling, and it worked flawlessly for months until last Sunday. Something happened with our internet connection (ISP issue) and when it came back up, this light seemed to have forgotten that it is a smart light. Voice control via Google or Alexa yields a message that the device is offline. I can still access it via the app, but it takes a few seconds for the app to 'connect' as it usually states that it is offline, after 2 or 3 seconds, it magically shows up, but the smart home devices still can not access it. Of course, the app suggests that I put it into pairing mode and re-pair it, but that is not possible since it is hardwired into the light fixture. This is putting me in a bit of a position as I have it scheduled to turn on and off at specific times, which it does, but barring that, I have almost no control of the device. I have turned the light switch off for 30 seconds and then turned it back on, but that does not put it into pairing mode. The app that it uses is Tuya Smart, and I can not figure out how to regain control of the light! I also have reset the modem and router as a test, and all of the other smart lights work flawlessly, it is only this light. If anybody has any suggestions on what I can try to do it would be much appreciated.

what's the method for putting them in pairing mode? most are toggle on/off like 3 times, which you should be able to do with the light switch (or all else fails, do the toggle at the breaker panel haha)

re-pairing should essentially factory reset them so if that doesn't help, or they won't re-pair, then they may have just gone faulty.

On 01/12/2023 at 14:41, Brandon H said:

what's the method for putting them in pairing mode? most are toggle on/off like 3 times, which you should be able to do with the light switch (or all else fails, do the toggle at the breaker panel haha)

re-pairing should essentially factory reset them so if that doesn't help, or they won't re-pair, then they may have just gone faulty.

I;ll try that method and see what happens

So turning the switch on and off yielded no results at all. I am going to have to RTFM and see if there is some other method of enabling pairing mode.

Paring mode on a lot of bulbs is something like 5 on and off of the light switch in a quick sequence and the bulb flashes different colors to indicate it is in paring mode

On 02/12/2023 at 17:44, hagjohn said:

Paring mode on a lot of bulbs is something like 5 on and off of the light switch in a quick sequence and the bulb flashes different colors to indicate it is in paring mode

Yeah, mine just blinks on and off when in paring mode. Also I have to flicker the lights about 5 times before it goes into that state.

I would use the app that came with the light, try adding it again like a new device when it fails (since its already added) it will show you the correct on, off sequence to reset the light or do direct pairing. and if you get frustrated just be glad it just one light instead of like 15 like I have to deal with at least once every 6 months bleh lol

this is one of a few reasons I gave up on wifi lights. I've got a zigbee hub now and it's been much more reliable. something to think about for the long run if you get tired of the wifi limitations and quirks.

On 03/12/2023 at 10:53, winrez said:

I would use the app that came with the light, try adding it again like a new device when it fails (since its already added) it will show you the correct on, off sequence to reset the light or do direct pairing. and if you get frustrated just be glad it just one light instead of like 15 like I have to deal with at least once every 6 months bleh lol

So the issue is not the app, it is detecting just fine in the app, it's just Google and Alexa that think that the device is offline, even though I removed it from both devices and then re-linked it within both of the apps and it still says the same thing. According to the apps FAQ:

Screenshot_20231204-134944.thumb.png.619825aab8b9df0f2a68415be0244d09.png

I should do what I have already done, so at this point, I do not know what else to try

Hello,

Have you tried contacting to ask them, either directly or through Amazon?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky