Sketchy Mouse

I've got a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer (2001) currently, i've been good to it, it's been good to me. Recently I went to a LAN party, came back, now it's somewhat difficult to move around in games such as Halo, Counter-Strike, Natural Selection, and other HL mods. i almost got it back to perfect by changing my sensitivity to 10 and adding the pointer averaging thing, but i never had to do that before. I've run all my antivirus programs, adware program, reinstalled my mouse driver, moved it to a different USB port...still the same thing. I even checked it out in this mouse refresh rate program i have called mouserate, and it's supposed to stay really close to 80...but take a look. about 30 seconds into it, it started showing up like in the second frame, jumping from the 1-9 range to the 900-2000 range. Any idea what's wrong?

post-13-1077591485.jpg

thats been happening to me kinda, I had a MS Explorer 3 and whenever I would find a good setting and get used to it, later all of a sudden it would feel either too slow or too fast for no reason :/