Downloaded Win10 ISO directly from MS, seems the ISO is from the company "Thomson Reuters"

Recently bought a used Dell Optiplex so I wanted to install win10 from scrath. So I went to the MS site to get "Media Creation Tool", download the ISO and install it on a USB

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I've used that site/tool for years now.

So turns out when I install it from the USB , after the initial setup , I get this 
image.png.03c9d4493c5af376eaeab36f927090e2.png

I also thought, well maybe this Dell was from that company , however bought it without any HDD/SDD.
It only has the 4 sticks of ram, a Quadro video card and a m.2 wifi/bluetooth card.

Anyone have any idea how this happened?
Thinking it was a MS error and someone from MS messed up the internal link, I downloaded Sunday and Today and still got same issue.

It’s because the computer was owned by that company and is registered in their Azure Cloud Tenant and connected to InTune.    Unfortunately unless you bought it directly from that company and their IT can unregister it for you. There isn’t much else you can do.  

You could try doing the full windows setup with you NIC disconnected and then create a local user account. 

if that doesn’t work your SOL unfortunately. I’d return the computer if you can for a refund. 

• Like 3

On 06/12/2023 at 12:18, DanMc85 said:

It’s because the computer was owned by that company and is registered in their Azure Cloud Tenant and connected to InTune.    Unfortunately unless you bought it directly from that company and their IT can unregister it for you. There isn’t much else you can do.  

You could try doing the full windows setup with you NIC disconnected and then create a local user account. 

if that doesn’t work your SOL unfortunately. I’d return the computer if you can for a refund. 

First time I see this. Good to know I'm not crazy.

I tend to buy old hardware for my small business. For future reference, is there a way to know beforehand if the hardware is already registered?o

So far I was able to create a local account and then login to my MS account

Edited by freedonX

On 06/12/2023 at 13:35, freedonX said:

For future reference, is there a way to know beforehand if the hardware is already registered?o

I don't think there is without asking the seller first and if so to remove it from their account. I'm guessing it didn't ask for a key during setup so it's still tied to theirs.

Hello,

You can contact the original owner (Thomson-Reuters) and they should be willing to un-enroll the machine for you, since it is currently using up one of their license seats that they probably want to use for a current machine.  If they are unwilling to do so, you should return the system to the seller.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky