Suspicions activity thru router .

I m using the computer when the network with out a prompt started a slow flashing blue no net work connection occurred . .  Spectrum said it was a update ,,without out a prompt no answer .  My self believe it was being remotely hacked , since there seems to be a filter an pages I  normally would be able to access no longer work . Spectrum acted suspicious an blew me off till I asked for a supervisor . I thought it was odd they weren't taking my concern serious an wouldnt address the issue . Do I make sense or am I paranoid , this issue has never happened before . Is there a way to expose a hack into the system, Appreciate any advice or direction I might go . Thank you .

You may want to re-write that. I think you are saying that your internet randomly drops out and you loose internet connectivity?

If that's the case power cycle your router if you haven't already. If that doesn't work I think your router might be going bad.

The last thing someone hacking you wants to do is make themselves known by disrupting your internet.

• Like 3

Look at your DHCP settings, too. Most routers have that in its software. Look up who's connecting to your network.

Like Warwagon said, I think your router is going out. Is that a ISP router, or did you buy it from a store? I'd RMA it if possible.

• Like 2

I would start with checking your cabling.

If you are using a wired connection to your router or modem, it is possible an ethernet cable is loose or damaged. In my line of work I often see ethernet cables loosely connected after the little plastic tab on the end breaks off. If you are confident your cabling is secure between your computer and router (and between your router and modem if they are not combined in a single unit), or if you are using a wireless connection, I suggest restarting your router and/or modem. If that solves the issue temporarily but the issue returns, I agree with the other commenters' suggestion of replacing your router and/or modem. If you have the device through your ISP, it is generally straightforward to request a replacement unit.

As Warwagon suggested, it is unlikely a malicious actor would attempt to disable your internet connection because their goal would be to utilize that connection to access your device. If you are concerned about malicious actors, I recommend ensuring you have up-to-date antivirus software (at the very least windows defender, if not something better). Additionally, make sure you are not using the default username and password on any internet facing devices such as your router.

----

If you are unsure of how to do any of the above or if you have any questions, please let us know.

• Like 2