Ms Xbox Mainboard (mother Board)

MS XBOX MainBoard (Mother Board). Used, works perfectly, needs a new eeprom if u plan on going on xbox live... this is just for the xbox motherboard comes w/ mother board, 4 controller posts, and 15 srews...

ebay Item number: 3080498609

MS XBOX MainBoard (Mother Board). Used, works perfectly, needs a new eeprom if u plan on going on xbox live... this is just for the xbox motherboard comes w/ mother board, 4 controller posts, and 15 srews...

ebay Item number: 3080498609

.com ? .uk ? A direct link would be nice.

I'm currently looking for a replacement, but if it isnt listed UK then I aint bidding. It would also be good for a price, and why you were selling - but then again, thats what ebay is for, hopefully all the info is in your ad if you can link it.

You would only need this if you fried your board while installing a mod chip.

ok but lets say one has a spare HD and DVDROM. If one bought this MB and hooked up the HD and DVDROM to it, put it some sort of case, and went out and bought an XBOX controller, would you not then have a working xbox?

ok but lets say one has a spare HD and DVDROM.  If one bought this MB and hooked up the HD and DVDROM to it, put it some sort of case, and went out and bought an XBOX controller, would you not then have a working xbox?

I guess, but he says that you need a new ROM for it. Also, isn't the DVDROM for the XBox use a really weird power connector? And you need the XBox power supply.

Only need a new eep if you are planning on using it for online purposes via Microsofts own channels.

You could still connect via 3rd party software.

I guess, but he says that you need a new ROM for it. Also, isn't the DVDROM for the XBox use a really weird power connector? And you need the XBox power supply.

i have no idea about any of this. i'm making assumptions.. you guys are the pros not me lol

basically i just want to know how easy it'd be to make a working xbox if all you had was the mainboard. thats all lol

i have no idea about any of this. i'm making assumptions.. you guys are the pros not me lol

basically i just want to know how easy it'd be to make a working xbox if all you had was the mainboard. thats all lol

Well, it wouldn't be hard. You could probably shop around on eBay for the missing components.

you are the king of vague i have to say :laugh:

anyone else willing to be a little more verbose and explain how/if this could be done using normal PC parts to fill in the missing HD/DVDrom/PS?

Sorry Spyder. I'm not really an expert on XBoxes, but I'm pretty sure that you can use any standard Hard Drive with it. I've also heard of people replacing the DVDROM with a standard one before, but I have absolutely no idea what is involved with it.

HD can be switched out - but you need a chip DVDROM and Power supply are custom mods - anyone actually seriously interested should check out XBox Scene as all of this is covered.

Went to the Xbox scene site and its pretty informative (though some of the info is repeated several times). I took a look at the Xbox to PC move and it doesnt look as easy as I thought it would.

Here is the link.