I Made A Website That Makes It Fun to Search on eBay Again and Find Incredible Stuff

I'm thrilled to share my latest project, LitDeals.co, a tool that helps you discover amazing deals on eBay based on real-time watchcount data!

How it works:

Leveraging the power of the eBay API, LitDeals analyzes trending items with high watch counts, indicating potential hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Whether you're a seasoned collector or just starting your journey, LitDeals can help you unearth unique finds at unbeatable prices.

This website is in beta stage right now, but still very functional. There is currently 2 search bars on the home page, please use the bottom one only, as the top one is still in devolvement. Nonetheless, searching for Pokemon, I found a 4 million dollar Pikachu card selling with close to 7,000 watchers. Another cool search was for funko pops, which revealed some really cool finds for me such as the 9 tails naruto fox option. This tool can proove to become valuable for collectors. The website is litdeals.co and there is new features in development that I wont share too much on but will be exciting and utilizing the openai api next. I am very excited for this project and how much value it can bring to people who use it. Please give me feedback on what you would like to see as an upcoming feature. Looking forward to what this incredible community thinks about my website. Many thanks!

On 10/12/2023 at 12:54, Xenon said:

Looks nice. 

Thank you for your kind words.

On 10/12/2023 at 23:20, Seetheworldsecond said:

Thank you for your kind words.

If I just leave the box blank and hit submit, i'm taken to just a blank page.

image.png.64fb9095d16f8b5ac4a406fed91dd40e.png

On 11/12/2023 at 08:24, Warwagon said:

If I just leave the box blank and hit submit, i'm taken to just a blank page.

image.png.64fb9095d16f8b5ac4a406fed91dd40e.png

Thank you kindly! I will have this fixed today. Your help is very much appreciated. @Warwagon

@xenon
Thank you for your kind words too.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. And great link by @adrynalyne

I need to tweak the top search engine isnt ready yet @sikhwarrior

Although its on WordPress I plan to remove it, because it keeps crashing.

I Added New Filter Features.

Negative keywords - Now you can include negative keywords to filter items you don't want included in your search. Perfect example in the screenshot attached on how to use this feature!

Sorting filter added - Sort by highest price, lowest price, highest watch count or lowest from the search results compiled.

@WarwagonFixed the problem with the blank page on the search results page without any results. Now it goes back to the search products page, but I plan on improving this soon.  Many thanks again. 

Many thanks again for the feedback. Please keep it coming. The international search will be fixed soon. Currently having CSS issues with the uber menu plugin but plan to have that fixed soon. I will implement openai api soon too. 
updated.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2023 at 03:23, Jose_49 said:

Nice initiative @Seetheworldsecond !!!

🤗

I wish you the best in this endeavor! I happen to have finished my shopping spree, but I'll check it out in case I need anything else!!!

eBay is extremely useful to find nice deals!

Thank you so much @Jose_49I just updated the UI/UX a bit for the products. Also, I agree about eBay having the best deals. I scored a refurbished Samsung Odssesy Neo G9 49inch last year for only $1,556.49 and it was legit like new and still working incredible.

deal.jpg

updated.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, how do I get it to search within the categories at the top, but aren't included in the dropdown list?  I tried selecting one and I can browse (a very small) subset of items in there, but I can't search.

For example, I wanted to search for "MSX 2", which is an old 8 bit vintage computer usually found in the Vintage Computers subsection of "Computers, Tablets, Networking".  I can select that section, and I can browse a SMALL list of items in it, but searching just searches all of eBay and I just get hits for the MSX car... Also, you should add a sort order for Ending Soonest and allow the user to select their preferred eBay region.  I'm in the UK, US listings are useless to me.