Razer Cortana keyboard issue

I just bought a Razer Cortana v3 X, and for some reason, Razer's software can not detect it, and according to the device manager shows HID Compatible Device. I have tried 2 versions of the software, which both are showing as compatible with the software, but it never detects the keyboard. Likewise, I have reset windows twice and reinstalled the Synapse software twice as well. I have also tried changing the USB port that it is plugged into as a further troubleshooting method. Does anybody have any suggestions on this issue?

Hello,

Just to confirm, the Razer Cortana v3 X keyboard is plugged directly into the computer, and not into a USB hub?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 09/01/2024 at 18:26, Mindovermaster said:

What two versions of software are you using? Shouldn't there be software in the box?

Edit: I saw this:

https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1835/~/razer-synapse-does-not-recognize-or-detect-my-razer-device

No software in the box, and I already tried the steps outlined

On 09/01/2024 at 22:53, goretsky said:

Hello,

Just to confirm, the Razer Cortana v3 X keyboard is plugged directly into the computer, and not into a USB hub?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Correct, it is plugged directly into a USB port on the motherboard

On 10/01/2024 at 05:33, jnelsoninjax said:

No software in the box, and I already tried the steps outlined

Correct, it is plugged directly into a USB port on the motherboard

Even though you tried all the steps I jjsy want to confirm.

You don't have League of Legends or Valorant or any other games made by Riot or that use the Riot Vanguard software installed?

Also you've confirmed this is a genuine Razer Ornata v3x? There are some fake Razer items out there as well on less scrupulous websites.

1, I know some devices can't be detected in USB3 Ports, happened to a headset of mine, was detected but not buy software, try other USB ports on back of the PC,

2, another thing to try is unplug all USB devices you have plugged in (Obviously not Mouse if its USB) and see if that works.

3, Try resetting the keyboard to factory settings, not to sure how on your keyboard their website will tell you if you can.

4, Can you try on a different PC see if it does the same thing?

On 10/01/2024 at 10:41, DewThePDX said:

Even though you tried all the steps I jjsy want to confirm.

You don't have League of Legends or Valorant or any other games made by Riot or that use the Riot Vanguard software installed?

Also you've confirmed this is a genuine Razer Ornata v3x? There are some fake Razer items out there as well on less scrupulous websites.

No. I do not have any of those games.  Yes, it is a genuine product, it has the serial number and all on the bottom of the keyboard, and I purchased it from Target in store, not online.

On 10/01/2024 at 11:48, Nuculi said:

1, I know some devices can't be detected in USB3 Ports, happened to a headset of mine, was detected but not buy software, try other USB ports on back of the PC,

2, another thing to try is unplug all USB devices you have plugged in (Obviously not Mouse if its USB) and see if that works.

3, Try resetting the keyboard to factory settings, not to sure how on your keyboard their website will tell you if you can.

4, Can you try on a different PC see if it does the same thing?

1. I've done that, same result

2. I will try that

3. There is no option to do so

4. I will try my CCTV system and see if it works.

But Windows Update is downloading Razer Inc - HIDClass - 6.2.9200.16547, now, and it wants to restart, so I will see what happens.

On 09/01/2024 at 17:20, jnelsoninjax said:

I just bought a Razer Cortana v3 X, and for some reason, Razer's software can not detect it, and according to the device manager shows HID Compatible Device. I have tried 2 versions of the software, which both are showing as compatible with the software, but it never detects the keyboard. Likewise, I have reset windows twice and reinstalled the Synapse software twice as well. I have also tried changing the USB port that it is plugged into as a further troubleshooting method. Does anybody have any suggestions on this issue?

Try going here and what does the Hardware ID say?

image.png.995c850089f5ab38bdc14cd4c45bed67.png

On 10/01/2024 at 13:02, Warwagon said:

Try going here and what does the Hardware ID say?

image.png.995c850089f5ab38bdc14cd4c45bed67.png

HID.PNG.717307bb6cb53727bce18530e6043431.PNG

The windows update did nothing at all, I even downloaded it and attempted to update the driver, but Windows claims it has the most up to date driver installed.

ETA: I just plugged it into my CCTV system and installed the software and it also is not being detected. I am not sure what to make of this, and I guess I should return it.

Edited by jnelsoninjax

On 10/01/2024 at 12:09, jnelsoninjax said:

HID.PNG.717307bb6cb53727bce18530e6043431.PNG

The windows update did nothing at all, I even downloaded it and attempted to update the driver, but Windows claims it has the most up to date driver installed.

Can you copy and paste those into the reply.

On 10/01/2024 at 13:13, Warwagon said:

Can you copy and paste those into the reply.

HID\VID_1532&PID_02A2&REV_0200&MI_00
HID\VID_1532&PID_02A2&MI_00
HID\VID_1532&UP:0001_U:0006
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD
HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0006
HID_DEVICE

See if this helps you

level 1

I have just fixed my issue thanks to Razer support, here's the instructions I was given. Hopefully it helps you!

What you described sound like a common driver conflict issue, as the system uses a different driver, causing Synapse to not recognise it.

Please kindly uninstall both Razer Synapse and Razer Core from your PC and delete all files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer and C:\ProgramData\Razer directories. These folders are hidden by default, so please be sure to unhide them. We want to ensure that there are no residual files remaining that may corrupt your installation. This is important so please kindly do so. Restart your computer afterwards.

Go into device manager, go to Keyboards/Audio inputs and outputs/Mouse and other pointing devices, uninstall HID Keyboard/Mouse Drivers and all other Razer product drivers, and restart your PC. Be sure to select delete drivers as well when uninstalling. Restart your computer again.

Turn off all Firewall and Anti-virus software to prevent any conflicts. Then, install the latest version of Razer Synapse

Please do not reuse a previously downloaded version of the Synapse installer. Please kindly redownload and reinstall Synapse.

The main key for me, which I had not fully tried before, was to uninstall ALL HID Keyboard and Mouse drivers in Device Manager, not just the Razer device.

When I restarted my PC, it popped up with a prompt to install the Razer software - I think this is another red herring!!! This popped up for me when I was setting up Windows originally, but this time I ignored it and made sure to install the latest Synapse software instead.

Hopefully this helps someone out there - mods please don't delete this post!

• Like 1

On 10/01/2024 at 13:26, Warwagon said:

See if this helps you

I just tried that, and it still is not working. Razer support advised me to return the keyboard to the store I bought it from.

Likely you got a defective unit.

• Like 1

Exchanged the keyboard, came home, plugged it in, downloaded Synapse, and it works!

• Like 4