EA App indicates offline despite being online

My wife is having trouble with the EA App, she is addicted to The SIMS 4 and now suddenly when she opens up EA, it tells her that she is offline, even though she is online. She has uninstalled the program with Revo and removed all traces of it, then reinstalled it, and it still says that she is offline. She tried it via her laptop, and it worked just fine. She paused her AV to see if that was causing the blocking, but it was not. She does not have any VPN or Proxy servers running. She is currently using Windows 10 Pro x64, latest and up-to-date version. I am not in the same area as she is yet, but when I installed EA and logged in with her credentials, I was able to with no problem. She is pestering me to help her fix the issue, but I do not know what or where the issue is. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to try next?

• 3 weeks later...

Restart the computer. Maybe due to fastboot it hasn't been restarted in a while.

Recently saw a computer that due to fastboot hadn't been restarted since February 2023

On 28/02/2024 at 14:51, Warwagon said:

Recently saw a computer that due to fastboot hadn't been restarted since February 2023

Fast boot annoys the hell out of me when it comes to my users. With that said, having a system running without a restart since February last year is pretty impressive!

Back to @jnelsoninjax, would it be..."easy" for her to install something like Wireshark and provide a network log for when she loads up the EA application?

Also, you mention that she doesn't have a VPN turned on when she tries to open the application. While it is good to know that a VPN isn't interfering with the application, I wonder if the result would be different if she connected to a VPN and then tried to launch the program?

On 28/02/2024 at 09:49, Nick H. said:

Fast boot annoys the hell out of me when it comes to my users. With that said, having a system running without a restart since February last year is pretty impressive!

My Windows 7 voicemail server says "Hold my beer"

image.png.9718ffba523158e8b316f65ecdbee8e7.png

On 28/02/2024 at 16:22, Warwagon said:

My Windows 7 voicemail server says "Hold my beer"

image.png.9718ffba523158e8b316f65ecdbee8e7.png

Yes, but that's an OS that is EOL and is used as your voicemail server. It's not a machine that deals with updates and hookups regularly.

On 28/02/2024 at 10:49, Nick H. said:

Back to @jnelsoninjax, would it be..."easy" for her to install something like Wireshark and provide a network log for when she loads up the EA application?

Also, you mention that she doesn't have a VPN turned on when she tries to open the application. While it is good to know that a VPN isn't interfering with the application, I wonder if the result would be different if she connected to a VPN and then tried to launch the program?

So, due a complete shutdown then power back on, is that the method to bypass fastboot? I will be with her next week, and I will see what is going on in person, but I could get her to install a VPN and see if it works.

On 29/02/2024 at 14:06, jnelsoninjax said:

So, due a complete shutdown then power back on, is that the method to bypass fastboot? I will be with her next week, and I will see what is going on in person, but I could get her to install a VPN and see if it works.

A restart (rather than a shutdown) would prevent the fast boot option.

• Thanks 1