ASUS Laptop Quality Question.

I am thinking of buying this as a present, but I have no experience with ASUS laptops. Does anyone have one and how is the quality of the hardware?

ASUS Vivobook 15 Slim Laptop, 15.6” FHD Display, Intel Core i5-12500H CPU, Intel Iris Xe graphics, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 11 Home, Quiet Blue, F1502ZA-NB54

https://www.newegg.com/quiet-blue-asus-vivobook-f1502za-nb54-home-personal/p/N82E16834236465?Item=N82E16834236465

It will be for general use and light gaming. 

I have no experience with ASUS laptops, but..

16GB RAM and 512GB of SSD should be perfect for your/other needs.

Nice sale as well. :) 

Just remember to re-install a fresh Windows. (Rather 10 or 11) The OEM stuff that comes with the laptop maker is all trash. Will eat up your resorces. ;) 

their Vivobooks are pretty decent for their price, especially considering they come with fingerprint sensor.

From what I have seen Vivobooks are similar quality-wise to Acer Aspire/Swift/ Extensa and a bit better than Lenovo IdeaPads.

I am more worried about the throttling of that i5-12500H in that slim form factor.

You can try dropping the current a bit if you run into overheating issues. But overall this does look like a nice deal: 

On 20/02/2024 at 14:21, hellowalkman said:

From what I have seen Vivobooks are similar quality-wise to Acer Aspire/Swift/ Extensa and a bit better than Lenovo IdeaPads.

I am more worried about the throttling of that i5-12500H in that slim form factor.

You can try dropping the current a bit if you run into overheating issues. But overall this does look like a nice deal: 

Thanks. I had a Acer Aspire and the battery decided to swell up. It actually broke the power connector to the motherboard.

• Sad 1

On 20/02/2024 at 14:31, hellowalkman said:

I personally think you should consider this AMD 7730U laptop instead since you are going to do light gaming. The Vega 8 can be faster than the Intel Iris Xe 80EU and there is a lesser chance of overheating too.

https://www.newegg.com/classic-black-msi-modern-14-c7m-048us-work-business/p/N82E16834156444

The light gaming will be mostly card games etc. I am not to worried about that. 

• Like 1