Tesla Roadster (2026)

Tesla has been working on this Roadster for quite some time.

To be sure, as originally conceived it's fast. 0 - 60  under 2 sec & 250 mph, but  it had other capabilities.

Cold gas thruster assisted acceleration, braking &  cornering, and hover/hop (pothole\sinkhole avoidance, etc). 

The thrusters would be developed by SpaceX, similar to the cold gas thrusters used on Falcon 9 for  maneuvering but smaller.

BMW has also worked on thruster enhanced cornering but on motorcycles.

Car and Driver...

X/Twitter thread

Edited by DocM

On 28/02/2024 at 12:00, DocM said:

More specs

0-60 in 1s or less, 200 kWh battery, 620 mi range. $200k.

I'll believe it when I see it. 

On 28/02/2024 at 11:31, DocM said:

Cold gas thruster assisted acceleration, braking &  cornering, and hover/hop (pothole\sinkhole avoidance, etc). 

LMAO...yeah, ok.  That sounds so damn dumb (unless you're 8). 

Probably will end up just farting white clouds of gas ... anything stronger (to actually have any tangible effect) risks damaging whatever is in the direction of the thrust.

I can't imagine this thing being street legal, but you'd need to be a madman to drive it with the thrusters enabled.  Imagine screaming towards a corner, on a race track, and your braking thruster doesn't work.  Splat!

I am not a car guy but who cares if it can go from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. How many people are really gonna use that? All EV's are faster off the line. I always thought that it was a stupid state. 

• Like 1

How can you have specs, price and 0-60 time for a car that's still in the "design goals" phase?

• Like 2

On 29/02/2024 at 07:35, virtorio said:

How can you have specs, price and 0-60 time for a car that's still in the "design goals" phase?

Con-artists will do this because sycophants will cite them and try to push them as facts.  Keeps your marketing budget low, and allows sensible people to identify the cucks.

Posted (edited)
On 29/02/2024 at 02:35, virtorio said:

The production design is what was just finished, but  there are pre-production  designs which are assembled and eventually tested.

There are also earlier steps called mules, which is where automakers use new parts of a driveline or other systems - sometimes in a previous model's body.