Sabrent USB 2.5 Gig Adapter No Longer Recognized

Hello There

Accidently ejected said device when looking in safely remove area to eject another external a bit ago.     Well unplugged and replugged in the USB 2.5 Gig Ethernet Adapter PC now doesn't seem to recognize at all--driver is still installed shows in add/Remove programs,  for the time being setup Desktop to use Wifi Portion of Wifi6E Wifi Adapter til see if i can get this working again.      

Or Restart Comcast Gateway and resume using Built in Motherboard 1Gig Lan Port--at least i believe i need to restart the Gateway when swapping Ethernet Ports on the device--way i always done it

Are you asking a question or just posting a statement?

Posted (edited)

Well Question was suppose to be  if you accidently eject a USB 2.5 Gig Adapter does that mean it won't work again?   

guess i didn't word it properly on original post oops

Only really have 1 Rear USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port that it can go in without interfering with ability to plug in other devices when needed, so tried that same port 2-3 times--no luck at all--even after Restart, would've thought with the driver still installed, it would've just restarted working again once replugged in, but i guess not

• Like 1

On 05/03/2024 at 20:06, bikeman25 said:

if you accidently eject a USB 2.5 Gig Adapter does that mean it won't work again?

No, it doesn't mean that

Hmmm,  well so far no luck in getting it working again for some reason

Maybe that Adapter wasn't designed for 24/7 Use on Desktop lol

Always either had a Backup going weekly to Cloud storage

Streaming Music

Gaming

Video watching

As even tried reinstalling the Driver for it, and still isn't recognized lol Hmmm guess i'll just stick to Built in 1gig Lan Port for Internet Access, sure i'll lose a bit of Comcast over provisioned speed on download side, but not sure what else i can do, besides purchasing a newer one i suppose

Try uninstalling all associated software, delete the device from device manager... reboot, and plug it in again? 

Also probably check that your drivers are all up to date, and check the manufacturer's website for an updated driver?

I have experienced a similar issue in the past when ejecting usb devices, very rarely tho... and either used a different usb port, or a reboot sorted the issue. Binning all the software, and deleting from device manager was a last resort!

Other option is plug it into another device (ei: laptop etc) and see if it is recognised... worst case scenario, the device is toast.... but test first ;) 

Posted (edited)

Yeah 

Well this is only Wired Device in the Townhome unforuately, but yeah i could get the wire to the Laptop fairly easily as its desk is right next to this one.   

Already uninstalled the Entire Realtek USB Ethernet Driver, rebooted, replugged little usb device in,  even tried rebooting before i did all that, and didn't even show up in list of Ethernet Network devices

Will check for an updated driver though, and work on trying to get it work more in coming hours here lol

Well if it is toast got alot of use outta it lol for the months that it did work 

Well forget downloading any update driver from Sabrent received the Following Message when click on What would be the Driver download link 

Driver unavaialble lol.png

If you mentioned it, I didn't notice it.. What specific model you have... So I just googled and this is the model number that came up and the driver downloads as zip and extracts to show the driver exe install file without any problems.

If you can not even download the driver from a website, that would point to something else going on if you ask me.

driver.thumb.jpg.3a08076f4d53f9eb961637e56fa8dc14.jpg

I don't have that brand, but I have a couple of 2.5ge usb nics, I use them constantly.. It is my main connection between my pc and my nas.. I don't go ejecting mine or pulling them out... But electronic stuff fails sure.. When I have pulled them out, I have never ejected them.. I just pull them out.. My nas doesn't even have the option to "eject" etc.. I don't pull them out all that often, but moving them about, or when updated my nas OS I sometime had to re-insert it to let it have it show up, etc..

Do you have something else you can plug it into?  Or does a buddy have a machine you can test with to see if sees it?  If not get new one - they are not very expensive..

Do have Gaming Laptop that i can get this Ethernet Cord to, and the Adapter to just fine

I accidently clicked on the wrong drive in Safely Remove yesterday morning--(it was showing up as a CD Drive with the Original Driver (but very old one)   

Site showed unable to download the driver for it

Model i have is Sabrent USB Type-A / Type-C to 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Sabrent

(I'd have to find where i put the Type C adapter if i was to use to test on Laptop or i can use USB Type A port while testing asap here-0probably just use USB Type A while testing asap here, and will let folks know the results) 

I've had my (different) 2.5gb adapter reboot into install mode on removal and die on me, so I suspect it's dead if you're not seeing the drive thing.

Yeah wasn't seeing on last time connected it to system Drive thing at all anymore, but i'll do the test with Gaming Laptop soon as i can here, and report back results

Probably will be early morning when other family member isn't also using net, as i believe i have to restart Comcast Gateway Modem to get the Ethernet cable back into 2.5Gig port in case works, right now connected with Desktop to 1Gig Lan port after i couldn't get it work again when i tried the day i posted this

Update:  moved my ups battery backup usb cable,  plugged Sabrent usb 2.5 adapter into ups battery backup old port.     

Used Realtek usb driver from Realteks site,  so far appears to be working fine thus far. 

Device also did work fine for 2 plus hours on Hp Gaming Laptop prior to trying device again on Main Desktop. 

So think all good now

On 06/03/2024 at 17:55, bikeman25 said:

Model i have is Sabrent

yup that is the one I found via just google, I didn't have any problem downloading the driver from their site.  Are you still not able to download the driver?

Posted (edited)

That is Correct from Sabrents site, says Still No File Found in that Package

Same on PC 2 Gaming Laptop i tried and Also on Android Phone same message

((Mind you on Desktop i'm trying a Defender UI little app for Windows 11 Pro Security Enhancement (was featured in a Tech Youtube video other morning, not sure i need it, but for now its installed on Desktop lol) 

I should probably just stop using little tweaker programs or following Youtubers advice on certain things lol.     

Anyhow no idea why can't download driver direct from Sabrent at all

Edited by bikeman25

Did you do the KISS principle? Keep it simple, Simon? (edited so I wouldn't offend) Have you just tried to reboot? Maybe I missed that part, but try to shutdown. Unplug the system for about 30 seconds. Power back on, and try again? (I have the exact same cable)

Well didn't try a shutdown

But did try a Reboot on the original day it happened

Then decided well i can move my UPS usb cable and try the device in its port, and reinstall the driver, and then it worked and working fine on Desktop now which is a major relief 

Normally i typically shutdown only for dust clean outs, or if its storming really bad, then i may, but typically i don't very often the Desktop 

• 2 weeks later...

When I first plugged in my USB 2.5GB adapter it wouldn't even see it. Then on a hunch I uninstalled the USB 3.0 Root hub, reinstalled it and shambam, it showed up.

Posted (edited)

Yeah it reworked after trying a different port, and reinstalling the Driver,  though since getting newer Comcast XB8 Gateway haven't re set it up yet, though been thinking about it a bit lol, so i can get the full rated speed paying for at least download wise.    Maybe after i test this newer Gateway for a month or two to make sure keeps working fine in SecondLife game (so far it is) then maybe when i do monthly reboot at end of March, then might resume using it lol

So far though with using just the Standard Gig Ethernet Port--running well for all my needs

16051135338.png

With Standard 1gig Port 

Plan on Rebooting All Comcast Devices--early  March 31st as part of routine maintenance/so they can get any software updates if any available as well--and be nice and fresh for a while.      

*May Setup the USB 2.5Gig Adapter then as since reboot already planned, just have to switch the Ethernet Cable to designed 2.5Gig Port on XB8 Gateway,  and then make sure driver installed for Desktop, and hopefully should be good to go*  

But Adapter did work fine with The Older Arris Gateway! before switched to XB8 Gateway due to SecondLife issue (soon as hooked that up SecondLife issue was solved)  praying it stays solved

Edited by bikeman25