Any video editing experts in here?

I'm doing some quick videos with a handheld camera for someone—more of the talking head style.  I can't put up a green screen where these must be recorded.  What video editing software/process might make putting in a greenscreen post edit easy?  

On 01/04/2024 at 18:10, davidpaj said:

I'm doing some quick videos with a handheld camera for someone—more of the talking head style.  I can't put up a green screen where these must be recorded.  What video editing software/process might make putting in a greenscreen post edit easy?  

sorry to hear Google is blocked in your country. Have you tried any VPN to get google works?

https://www.google.com/search?q=What+video+editing+software%2Fprocess+might+make+putting+in+a+greenscreen+post+edit+easy

On 02/04/2024 at 01:54, KZ7S2zj9XS2MKs5 said:

sorry to hear Google is blocked in your country. Have you tried any VPN to get google works?

https://www.google.com/search?q=What+video+editing+software%2Fprocess+might+make+putting+in+a+greenscreen+post+edit+easy

Hey, there's no need for that type of response. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the Ops request, maybe keep your toxicity to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You're proposing to use a function where the subject person is outlined and then the background is removed. The result is then overlaid on a green background or perhaps directly over another background. I don't know of any guide which identifies which programs perform this function and rates how well they perform it. There are programs like the Movavi video editor which can do this but its a slow and tedious process and not an exact science. It may not be possible depending on what is in the background and how much the subject moves. It might be easier to just blur out parts of the background. There's a free trial period so at least you could try it out.

Also, some guy made this video: 

On 02/04/2024 at 05:11, dwd999 said:

You're proposing to use a function where the subject person is outlined and then the background is removed. The result is then overlaid on a green background or perhaps directly over another background. I don't know of any guide which identifies which programs perform this function and rates how well they perform it. There are programs like the Movavi video editor which can do this but its a slow and tedious process and not an exact science. It may not be possible depending on what is in the background and how much the subject moves. It might be easier to just blur out parts of the background. There's a free trial period so at least you could try it out.

Also, some guy made this video: 

Thank you!