Anyone see the Subway 400 this past Sunday?

This is the true definition of a "delayed reaction" I must say. ;)

They really bailed out Waltrip though. For the last 20 laps he kept talking up what a great finish it was going to be. :D

mom goes crazy during races....is the season over yet? :cry:

The season just started (this was only week 2).. it doesn't end until November.. :pinch:

I love Fox... nice how they go to commercial while Jeff Burton is in 13th, come back and he's in 41st... not say anything until he comes back on the track talking about how he had a radiator problem.

Oh boy, do I love Fox. Stupid retarded mediawhores. Let's watch Dale Jr. & Michael Waltrip all day.

I love Fox... nice how they go to commercial while Jeff Burton is in 13th, come back and he's in 41st... not say anything until he comes back on the track talking about how he had a radiator problem.

Oh boy, do I love Fox. Stupid retarded mediawhores. Let's watch Dale Jr. & Michael Waltrip all day.

I really don't know if NBC is much better. I'd prefer it if ABC, ESPN, and TNN (now SpikeTV) still carried the races like in the old days.

can someone explain how watching nascar is fun? i mean its a bunch of cars going in circles. and there are too many laps. what makes it so interesting to some people?

can someone explain how watching nascar is fun? i mean its a bunch of cars going in circles. and there are too many laps. what makes it so interesting to some people?

The stance you take on NASCAR is equivelent to the stance most people do. Forgive me for saying so, but calling it a bunch of guys going in circles is beyond ignorant. You have to appreciate the planning and execution that goes into a race that can be decided by thousandths of a second. Every little change, tweak, and improvement made to a car during practice and the race can change the outcome dramatically. For example, something going wrong on a pit stop can cost a driver spots on the track and ruin their chances in the long run. If a car is loose in the corners, tire pressure adjustments and wedge adjustments can help it perform better and gain more speed without sacrificing handling. Calling it cars going in circles is as stupid as saying that basketball is only interesting for the final two minutes. All events previous have an effect on the outcome.

When ABC and ESPN used to cover races there was a smaller fanbase for the sport, but those who were interested were very hardcore followers that knew much about it. Now, with the exploding popularity of NASCAR, the newer fans are relatively clueless. Everything has to be explained, such as drafting, a car being loose, a car being tight, etc. These were things that every fan used to already know and allowed the on-air commentary to be much more technical. Unfortunately in its current state it helps spread the common belief that it is what you said it to be.

yea, i agree with what you said stncttr, back in the day espn and abc did the races, i enjoyed watching them, but now they fox and tnn or tnt, which ever one has it, its more 'n00b friendly' and you hear the same thing over.

but yea, that was a great finish, another 5 foot and Kahne would of had him.

<----doesn't get NASCAR fever.  I have all my teeth.

That's funny, I live in a suburban town, have all my teeth, have running water, electricity, and still like NASCAR. :D

I take your comment as a joke though.