i always FIND the NEWS that

Intel drops prices on its processors...

even i saw somewhere the mobile processor prices also were dropped down,

the ones used in laptops,

but

i never heard any news

on any of the web sites

saying

LAPTOPS prices goes down........................

:cry:

ummm

i want to get a laptop

but i am always :ninja: cause the prices are reallie high....

for the P4's...

and even the P3 laptops are so high that one can buy a high end P4 DESKTOP

laptops will always be more expensive than desktops because they need to specifically engineer parts to fit into such a small enclosure. it is unlikely that the prices for laptops will come down though.

huh?

on a side note thats what i say when american's from the south east talk. :D

but to answer your question, although prices for the processors may drop, you wont see a difference in price when you goto buy one. this is because the big chain stores and even smaller stores dont decrease their prices since they want more profit per sold laptop. also the profit margins on laptops and even new desktops are really low, on the order of 50 on a low end to 150 on a fully loaded laptop. this is because they know it will need a reinstallation, repair work, upgrading, etc. and this is where they make most of the money for computeres.

on a side note thats what i say when american's from the south east talk. :D

but to answer your question, although prices for the processors may drop, you wont see a difference in price when you goto buy one. this is because the big chain stores and even smaller stores dont decrease their prices since they want more profit per sold laptop. also the profit margins on laptops and even new desktops are really low, on the order of 50 on a low end to 150 on a fully loaded laptop. this is because they know it will need a reinstallation, repair work, upgrading, etc. and this is where they make most of the money for computeres.

TREK XP --> laptops will always be more expensive than desktops because they need to specifically engineer parts to fit into such a small enclosure. it is unlikely that the prices for laptops will come down though

thanks of u for answering...

:)

:pinch: hi all,

well,

this question, i never found some answer

so i get to NEOWIN where i always get good answer

no matter how NOOB type the question is :D :rolleyes:

umm

well

i always FIND the NEWS that

Intel drops prices on its processors...

even i saw somewhere the mobile processor prices also were dropped down,

the ones used in laptops,

but

i never heard any news

on any of the web sites

saying

LAPTOPS prices goes down........................

:cry:

ummm

i want to get a laptop

but i am always :ninja: cause the prices are reallie high....

for the P4's...

and even the P3 laptops are so high that one can buy a high end P4 DESKTOP

How much money do you have to spend on a laptop?

If you don't have at least 800-1200 (USD) you won't be getting one.

If you want an all powerful laptop will all the goodies you probably need like 1600-3000 (USD).

Go to www.powernotebooks.com and check out the Sager laptops. They will more than likely have something in your price range. I have owned 2 HP's, 1 Gateway, 1 Compaq, and 1 Dell (the worst purchase I EVER made) and I finally bought a Sager NP8882 last year. It is the most powerful and best made out of all the laptops I have owned. I paid $2000 for back it in September 2002. It was the SAME EXACT computer as the original Alienware laptop sold back then, except Powernotebooks.com had it for $800.00 cheaper. I will NEVER AGAIN buy from any "Name Brand" company (see above brands). It is Sager and powernotebooks.com only from here on out. Good luck and happy buying! :)

What tends to happen with laptops, as well as certain other things like graphics cards, is the prices dont usually go down *too* much, as then high end models would start to compete with the low ends, so instead they just get phased out and new models brought in, so a good laptop will always cost about the same, and an ok laptop will always cost about the same, because really old high ends would probably still be more powerful than brand new medium/low ends.

Take the Radeon 9700pro as an example, a great card, still better than the 9600 series, but not really much room to lower the price, so it just vanished, and the 9800pro brought in to replace it.

Shop around for a good deal, laptops that dont skimp on anything yet are a decent price do pop up from time to time, just try to find customer comments first...