Hardware Online Shopping (UK)

I am having to look online for the first time to purchase hardware simply due to the lack of availability in regular shops but am really weary of online shopping.

Can anyone recommend from personally experiences good online stores for the UK?

Also possible one's to stay clear off?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Midnight Mick

I've used OverclockersUK and Scan (http://www.scan.co.uk) and I think both are pretty good. However, be sure you know what you want when ordering from either, because I bought a HD from Overclockers and wanted to return it, but there were extra charges incurred - my fault for not reading disclaimers, conditions etc. maybe.

Also, did you mean weary?

but there were extra charges incurred

What charges? I'm about to send back my keyboard and mouse.

Also for Midnight Mick you might consider using some internatinal (us) site. With the current exchange rate i've managed to get a few things really cheap, even with postage.

Also for Midnight Mick you might consider using some internatinal (us) site. With the current exchange rate i've managed to get a few things really cheap, even with postage.

The reason I prefer to stick with UK based is if there is a need to return due to faulty goods etc...

When I sent a wireless keyboard/mouse combo back to OC UK there werent any 'charges' as such; they just do not remburse you for shipping costs, so you lose 6-8 or something like that. I wasnt aware of it at the time, but I guess its kind of fair.

overclockers charge ?20 for non-faulty returns. If theres a genunine fault, not caused by you doing something stupid there won't be a charge.

Ah, right... sorry. Yes mine was playing up a bit; I've never returned anything without a fault methinks..

overclockers charge ?20 for non-faulty returns. If theres a genunine fault, not caused by you doing something stupid there won't be a charge.

Well my mouse keeps blowing up (literally) batteries lol can't imagine they'll see this as my fault, fingers crossed.

DABS and ebuyer are good. Also you may want to check these two, they are both local to me, but will deliver nationwide, and CCL especialy are cheap

www.cclcomputers.co.uk

www.6dsystems.co.uk