March Sigs & Avatars

hmm... nobody likes my avatar? :cry: watch it for a few minutes... something really hilarious happens :D

Does it? I wouldn't know since I turned off gif animation in Opera (Y)

hmm... nobody likes my avatar? :cry: watch it for a few minutes... something really hilarious happens :D

Using FFX - don't see anything for your avy :(.

Using FFX - don't see anything for your avy :(.

OMG. Do my eyes deceive me? It's shocking, you haven't updated your sig today Will! NoooooooOOooo, the world is going to end unless Will updates his sig....aarrrrghhh! (Y)

,Mar 8 2004, 21:58] OMG. Do my eyes deceive me? It's shocking, you haven't updated your sig today Will! NoooooooOOooo, the world is going to end unless Will updates his sig....aarrrrghhh! (Y)

yeah, shame his sig over the 50kb limit (like 93kb ) :laugh: Not many people keep in mind the 50kb rule

Not many people keep in mind the 50kb rule

That's strange his png is 90 odd kb, my sig pngs are around 23kb and are more or less the same dimensions and probably have more color!

Will, if you're using Photoshop to create the PNGs, use the Save for web feature and select PNG-8 rather than PNG-24... I'll doubt you'll notice any visual difference (Y)

,Mar 8 2004, 22:09] That's strange his png is 90 odd kb, my sig pngs are around 23kb and are more or less the same dimensions and probably have more color!

Will, if you're using Photoshop to create the PNGs, use the Save for web feature and select PNG-8 rather than PNG-24... I'll doubt you'll notice any visual difference (Y)

Mine are all 15kb iirc and my av is just under 20kb (Y) , anyone like it :happy:

how u ppl like ma sig ?

my avatar sux, i'll change it soon .. i jus wanted somethin to go wida sig..

am i in d wrong place ? :whistle:

,Mar 8 2004, 22:16] Didn't Forster have that avatar about 3 weeks ago? :)

I don't recall anyone on neowin having the avatar :cry:

ProF87 , I dont mind the sig , looks alright (Y)

,Mar 8 2004, 22:09] That's strange his png is 90 odd kb, my sig pngs are around 23kb and are more or less the same dimensions and probably have more color!

Sorry. My bad. I just got 900 posts today, but I'm still a HUGE noob. I'll try that out. Noob question: how do you check how big the file is? Is there any way other than explorer?

Sorry. My bad. I just got 900 posts today, but I'm still a HUGE noob. I'll try that out. Noob question: how do you check how big the file is? Is there any way other than explorer?

Yeah, if you've got Photoshop and use the Save for web feature like I explained, then an estimate of the filesize is shown in that dialog box in the bottom left :)

,Mar 8 2004, 22:33] Yeah, if you've got Photoshop and use the Save for web feature like I explained, then an estimate of the filesize is shown in that dialog box in the bottom left :)

Okay sounds good. I actually just have the CS trial. My dad wouldn't let me download it :(. He says I have to save up. I only make $10 a week on allowence (I'm 14 :blush:) - I'm looking for a job this summer to get PSCS. My dad works at a university so he has access to the $300 full academic version.

Haha! I was actually thinking of doing a Prince of Persia sig after I do my homework :p. And I'm still working on getting you your $7!

Damn, that definitely not a lot of dollars...plus I haven't actually sued you yet so you can keep that $7 for your CS fund...

...for now (Y)

I'm guessing you use either Firefox or Opera to browse NW otherwise you would have seen how your sig looks in IE...

...IE doesn't do PNG transparency yet (N) That's why I stay away from creating transp pngs for my sigs and avatars :)

post-7-1078785656.png

Well it sucks for you if you use IE :p. They're the ones who are missing out. Is IE6SP2 going to have png transparency? Actually the sig doesn't look too bad in IE. And [DRUM_ROLL]

[/DRUM ROLL]

Now for todays sig update! Same sig in PNG-8 to save N|W some bandwidth! This time don't get mad at me, [tk] made me!!! [WINEY_VOICE]He started it![/WINEY_VOICE]. :p. Hope everyone's happy now w/ my sub-50k siggy.

I do notice some grainess in the image now, but I'd rather that then [GASP] break the rules :o.