[NFL] Portis Skins Agree

Portis will sign an eight-year deal that is worth $50.5 million and includes $17 million in combined signing and option bonuses. Big mistake on Denvers part... they just done ****ed themselves!! Anyone thinks Denver screwed up aswel lend me your thoughts!

Denver has to be the smartest team in football <<sarcasm>>

Trade a 22 year old running back who is possibly the best in the league for a good corner. Personally, I would rather have a decent corner and Portis than have a good corner and Mike Anderson.

Denver just isn't very smart, what is ole Shanny thinkin

Denver has to be the smartest team in football <<sarcasm>>

Trade a 22 year old running back who is possibly the best in the league for a good corner. Personally, I would rather have a decent corner and Portis than have a good corner and Mike Anderson.

Denver just isn't very smart, what is ole Shanny thinkin

Champ Bailey is a good corner? Look...anyone that Quincy Carter can school blows big ol stones.

Champ Bailey is a good corner? Look...anyone that Quincy Carter can school blows big ol stones.

Well, maybe not good, but better than most. Corner is the toughest position in my opinion.

this is nice for the redskins, but look at denver though, for the past like 5 years, they've always been able to produce a solid running back. I don't think they'll have many problems with that this year either.

:no: I have lost all my respect for the broncos :no:

and I dont think Portis is going to have good times with the skins

green did own in his day boog, you cant deny that. i still remember when he hurdled that dude in the superbowl. he was the mayun!

what! skin hater! rofl.

green did own in his day boog, you cant deny that. i still remember when he hurdled that dude in the superbowl. he was the mayun!

what! skin hater! rofl.

Me thinks Boog is from Balmore. :cry:

Me thinks Boog is from Balmore. :cry:

I think you are right. While I dont think they will have a back as good as Portis, they will have something close. We have seen Mike Anderson have success and guys before them. They are better off continuing that success while having a solid CB in Bailey.

In Denver, its the system not the player. They'll continue to have a great running game as long as Shanahan is there.

its not the same to have a good system with an average player than having a good system with a great player

the broncos didnt have much of one, and they did fine with portis

Rod smith is way better than any of the redskins WR, and shannon sharpe is maybe the best TE ever, McAffrey is great when its needed

i'll give you that Shannon Sharpe is awesome, but come on... mcaffrey?

Laveranues Coles is no pushover.. but when your RB is putting up 1500 yards and 15 TDs, consistently averaging 5-6 YPC, you dont have to have a top 5 in the league WR. with spurrier and his fun-n-gun offense gone, the Redskins will manage just fine with Portis and their current receiving corps.

i'll give you that Shannon Sharpe is awesome, but come on... mcaffrey?

Laveranues Coles is no pushover.. but when your RB is putting up 1500 yards and 15 TDs, consistently averaging 5-6 YPC, you dont have to have a top 5 in the league WR. with spurrier and his fun-n-gun offense gone, the Redskins will manage just fine with Portis and their current receiving corps.

thats my point, Portis is extremely talented but he is still in his 2nd year (the 3rd one has not even started) he still needs a solid play system, the redskins are not going to exploit him at his fullest

from ESPN.com

Most experts agree that, even with the brilliance of Portis, the Broncos got the upper hand in the trade of young stars. Cornerback is typically viewed as a more premium position than tailback, plus Washington is including its second-round choice in the 2004 draft.