X-Box Emulator

" actually i always play PS1 games on my PC even though i have both a PS1 and a PS2 where i could play them........on the PC i can get MUCH better graphics anyone likes the smooth filters for SNES emulators?? looks sweet lol "

what do you mean you get better graphics, i doubt it!

the game is made to be run on the ps2 or 1 and its graphics are limited by what hardware the console had

AFAIK

Hrm maybe I just don't have any idea what goes into emulation but why doesn't someone just rip the os off the x-box (I hear it's a modified win 2k) then make a partition on their own hard drive and dual boot into it. Replacing the drivers that were default with ones for their system?

There is currently a GameCube emulator in development, known as Dolphin Emulator, i wont post where as its my first post and i dont know it if breaks any rules to do so,

it is capable of running many game, albeit some of them run slow, but it's only an early release at the mo, the potential of it is huge though

Just thought of something. Since it's possible to emulate GameCube, with it's PowerPC CPU, does this mean running OS X in emulation is not too far down the road?

Edited by Danrarbc641

mldkfa, doesnt sound possible and as I understand it you need the xbox dvd....

He already has some emulator but he is probebly asking if there is any better once which will give him a better chance....

Sorry but their is no way today you can get more then 5 games to work on the pc :/

what do you mean you get better graphics, i doubt it!

the game is made to be run on the ps2 or 1 and its graphics are limited by what hardware the console had

AFAIK

you can do quite a lot of stuff on the PC that the PS1 cant do, like make the texture smoother

i wish the page for bleem was still up because they had good comparison pictures to show the difference

Jesus. When are you fools going to learn ANYTHING CD-BASED IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT A "ROM" BY DEFINITION!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. As for emulators: it's been said before. NOTHING WILL WORK AS OF YET (and probably will never work 100%, not even 5 years from now).

So go buy an Xbox you cheapskates.

Last I checked, there's not even a working audio plug-in for any PS2 emulator.

If you do somehow manage to get the emulator to read a game disc...you're still not gettin' any sound.

About the drive question...a CD-ROM drive will read a Playstation2 CD-ROM, but obviously won't read an Xbox DVD or PS2 DVD. My Plextor DVD burner reads all PS2 and Xbox discs; oddly enough, the Xbox discs have like an Autoplay feature on them: a video telling you to insert the disc into an Xbox.

The pc drive will only be able to read the video_ts folder on the xbox disc, which contains the message above about putting the disc in the xbox, the only way to read an xbox disc using a pc dvd rom drive is to insert a copied xbox game on dvd-r, which would be quite bold.