Tv Encoder On Nvidia

It says i have a intergrated tv encoder on my nvidia fx 5700 ultra DDR2 card... What is this? Can i watch tv on my computer? Do i need a tv tuner or this is it?

My assumption is yes it is a tuner.

But you could download the manual from the manufacturer so that you have a copy of it somewhere.

providing you have a proper tv signal you could watch tv on your comp, however i am pretty sure the 5700 does not have a input for cable, however you should have a connector for s-video in/out

:blink: !

Whoa doug

Isnt that a useless non contributing post hence referred to as spam? Which of course is a violation of Neowin Rules.

Maybe i should report you as you seem to be the king of reporting others and i wish to follow your lead.

EDIT

Thanks, the report has been submitted, returning you to the topic

Edited by Davey

video in video out cards(vivo) are usually alot more expensive so if you got one youd prolly know

i dont think any of them have tv tuners built in. usually just svideo in/out

The TV encoder chip encodes your graphics output (which you see on your computer monitor) and outputs it to the TV-Out connector of your graphics card.

So:

It's not a tuner.

You can't watch TV with it.

Sorry to disappoint you ;)

Edit: Damn am I slow...

Whoa doug

Isnt that a useless non contributing post hence referred to as spam? Which of course is a violation of Neowin Rules.

Maybe i should report you as you seem to be the king of reporting others and i wish to follow your lead.

EDIT

Thanks, the report has been submitted, returning you to the topic

Dude........what? :blink: You're a little nuts, recently, man, as Toxikk and others noticed.