Need help with possible case problem

I am in the market for a new computer soon. I've decided it's time to update. I have never been too pleased with the case I have, so I thought why not get a different one. The case I am looking at is an Antec P-160WF, which can be viewed here. While reading the reviews, someone said the power LED connector for this case is only a 2 pin connector. I am planning on getting an ABIT AN7 board. If I understand the manual right, the power LED connector for the case will not fit onto the 3 pin connector for the motherboard. Can someone please confirm my suspicions by downloading the ABIT AN7 manual and looking please? I really like the way thsi case looks so I would be quite disappointed if the power LED connectors won't work with the motherboard I am planning on getting. Thanks in advance for any helpful insight.

Well all you would have to do is get a 3 pin connector and put the the wires from the LED in each of the end holes. It doesn't need 3 wires it just has one empty one in the middle, cause there is no pin in the middle on the motherboard.

That's what I was thinking, but don't know where to buy a 3 pin connector. The other possibility would be to take 2 of the single pin front audio leads and stick the 2 pin connector from the Power LED on them and replace the 2 pin Power LED connector with single leads from the front audio connectors. I hope that makes sense. Either way, this bring up another question: Will pulling the connector of the lead and replacing it with a different connector make it loose or not able to be put back into another connector?

Well if you have a 3 pin conector on your old case just use it, or if you or a frined has a unused case or for that matter just any case with a unused 3 pin connector in it,

you could just use that.

The audio pin solution you suggested will also work just as well.

No, if your careful the little black connectors have a tiny peice of plastic you can use a small screwdriver to pry up a bit and the wire comes right out. If you don't bend it too much the other wire will fit right in very snug. I have done this many times and have never had any problems.

It's good to know that switching the connector won't be a problem. I will stay with this case then (it's hard for me to find a nice case I actually like). I think I might call Antec up and suggest they fix this potential incompatibility with the ABIT AN7 and possibly many other motherboards. Thank you for your help and for the quick replies!

do you have to do that? my case had 2 pins and it was easy to connect.

also realize that you can rearrange the spaces in the headers. (| = place where pin goes in, _ = empty space)

i.e., it may have a space in the middle:

|_|

and you can make them adjacent:

||_

@dreamz Ya umm but the connector on the case only has 2 slots he is not trying to go from a 3 slot connector (on the case) to 2 pins

on the motherboard. And the pins on the motherboard are a space apart.

The motherboard is like this

|_|

and the connector (on the case) is like this

|| (no third space)

So he has to replace the connector on the case with a 3 holed one so he can move the wires to match the motherboard.

@eevoo, yeah, but the connector on the case might simply be a two slot one with an additional space (at least mine was like that). then it's just a matter of moving the wires around inside the header. so he might be lucky if it's like that. if this is the case, it's really easy because the headers are made so you can move the wires around in case this problem arises.

but if there really is no space, he can just swap the plastic headers with a 3-slot one (i think that's what you guys were talking about), or cut the plastic header in half to separate them.

@eevoo, yeah, but the connector on the case might simply be a two slot one with an additional space (at least mine was like that). then it's just a matter of moving the wires around inside the header. so he might be lucky if it's like that. if this is the case, it's really easy because the headers are made so you can move the wires around in case this problem arises.

but if there really is no space, he can just swap the plastic headers with a 3-slot one (i think that's what you guys were talking about), or cut the plastic header in half to separate them.

:yes: yeps :) it all depends on what the case headers are. I tried to see what they were in the case pic but I could only see one and it was 2 hole header,

So I just figured they were all like that.

Why the hell do they do this crap anyway? Almost any caes I have got, I have had to change the headers on at least

one thing or another. I thought case/motherboard connections were all standard. Do they have a certain case in mind when they

arrange those pins or do they just do whatever they feel?