[NFL]WR Robinson Signs With Vikes!

The Minnesota Vikings agreed to a four-year contract with free-agent wide receiver Marcus Robinson, whose career experienced a brief renaissance in Baltimore. "It gives us an opportunity to stretch the field more with a veteran receiver who has done it before in this league at a high level," Vikings coach Mike Tice said. Robinson's deal reportedly is worth $9.4 million with a $2 million signing bonus. His agent, Ken Sarnoff, didn't return a call Monday evening.Robinson, 29, visited Vikings headquarters on Saturday, but left without a deal. Monday's agreement, however, gave Minnesota a complement to Randy Moss that the team has been searching for since Cris Carter's retirement after the 2001 season.

Derrick Alexander didn't work out in 2002, and neither has D'Wayne Bates, who could be released because the team is high on young prospect Nate Burleson. Kelly Campbell, Keenan Howry and Kenny Clark also remain in the mix.

"We probably have one of the most competitive wide receiver corps in the league right now," Tice said. "That's a pretty dang good group."Robinson, drafted by Chicago in the fourth round out of South Carolina in 1997, caught 84 passes for a club-record 1,400 yards and nine touchdowns in 1999. His production declined after that, mostly due to injuries. After Chicago let him go, Robinson signed with the Ravens last season and finished strong. He caught 22 passes for 375 yards and six touchdowns over the final five regular-season games for playoff-bound Baltimore.

Tice said that Robinson was at the top of the team's list of available wide receivers, excluding Terrell Owens.

Wow looks like the Offense got alil better, which is always a good thing...lol hope he stays healthy, he'll have good years if he does... way to go Vikes nice pick up!!! :laugh:

baltimore shoulda kept him... he is a good wr to have if you dont have say a terrell owens...

But....They do have Terrell Owens. :)

Tox...it suprises me that you....a Washington fan....wants the Eagles to get TO. My head hurts just thinking about that logic...:laugh:

you could put TO, Galloway, Keyshawn, Irvin, or any other receiver at their prime in that offensive and it doesn't mean jack w/ knucklehead Culpepper controlling the ball. Just does not see the field well at all nor does he understand the meaning of throw the ball away.

you could put TO, Galloway, Keyshawn, Irvin, or any other receiver at their prime in that offensive and it doesn't mean jack w/ knucklehead Culpepper controlling the ball. Just does not see the field well at all nor does he understand the meaning of throw the ball away.

that was 2 years ago, last season he was doing just that... throwing the ball away when he saw no one open or getting presure... that was one of the things he worked on last offseason.

But....They do have Terrell Owens. :)

Tox...it suprises me that you....a Washington fan....wants the Eagles to get TO. My head hurts just thinking about that logic...:laugh:

well. you see boog.

i, myself, am a die hard skins fan.

my lady, however, is a die hard philly fan.

i gotta kinda do the philly fan thing just cuz :-\

besides, i dont dislike them. i think t.o. on their team would be silly.

and since they are my #2 team, if he dont come to washington, i want him to go there.

so shawn springs can rough him up :p

well. you see boog.

i, myself, am a die hard skins fan.

my lady, however, is a die hard philly fan.

i gotta kinda do the philly fan thing just cuz :-\

besides, i dont dislike them. i think t.o. on their team would be silly.

and since they are my #2 team, if he dont come to washington, i want him to go there.

so shawn springs can rough him up :p

I still can't believe skins released Bailey :angry: :cry:

yep i was thinking now that the vikes have picked up another good WR, my thoughts was like we got a WR tandum, also a very speedy RB tandum with Bennett and Smith... also Kleinsasser catching some passes, and blocking and opening holes in the running game...and of course Culpepper.

What!!! A Philly fan and a Redskins Fan in the same house!!!!!

Toxikk, Remember the body bag game??!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Just say -no- to philly.

I am a Ravens fan, but follow the redskins because all of my friends are 'skins fans. (plus my best friends wife works for the redskins)