How Good is the IntelliMouse Explorer?

How good is this mouse compared to the likes of the Logitech MX series? I have a 12% off and $15 gift card to Staples so I thought I might as well go for this. Thanks.

well, if you want wireless, go with the mx700 or whatever. i like my intellimouse explorer, but ever since the mx series of mice, i've been having mouse envy. i forget the tech specs, but i think the logitechs have a better reseolution.

I love the MS Intellimouse Explorer. I have both the wireless one for my desktop and a wireless for bluetooth for my laptop. They fit my hand perfectly.

I swore by the intellimouse explorer 3.0 but then I tried the Logitech MX510. It's a much better mouse then the intellimouse. Stay away from all the other Logitech mice though the resolution isn't high enough for gaming.

I love the MS Intellimouse Explorer.

Me too. I've had the Version 3.0 one for a while now.. It's great. It works nicely in all of the games I play and has a very fast reaction rate. :)

Notice any lag while playing games with the Wireless version? My old Logitech optical wheel mouse doesn't cut it anymore. I would go with the Logitech MX500 but Staples is an ass and decided to stop selling it.

my sisters bf has a wireless logitech MX mouse and i cant used to the wireless feeling, i think im sicking with wire for a bit longer... any one know if the wired one is any good?

I'm trying to decide between two wireless mice: the Logitech MX700 and the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v4.

The MX700 has the rechargeable base, but the Intellimouse has a tilt-wheel and I am used to the shape and feel of the mouse? Anyone tried either of these two mice?

I'm trying to decide between two wireless mice: the Logitech MX700 and the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v4.

The MX700 has the rechargeable base, but the Intellimouse has a tilt-wheel and I am used to the shape and feel of the mouse? Anyone tried either of these two mice?

If your going to be gaming get the logitech the intellimouse wheel makes gaming very hard. Example: I use the wheel to switch weapons in games, with the smoothe wheel (no ratcheting feel) you can easily go too far and switch too many weapons.

I dunno why, but I have the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Optical 2.0, and it seems to work differently then all of the other mice. I have gotten used to it now, but it is a pain in the butt to get used to.

The Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 is a great mouse.

I've been using them since 1.0, had a lot of problems back then, but my 3.0 has never given me a hassle in the 2+ years of its use.

The 4.0 should be out by now...

i have both the MS Intellimouse explorer 3.0 and the logitech mx-510. the Intellimouse isn't too great for gaming, but after using it for 3-4 years i got used to it, but it's only got a 80Hz refresh rate cuz it's wireless. The new microsoft corded mice have about 100hz refresh rate, they're pretty good. As for the new IE's, i've heard the wheel is really great, but i'm with jeavis on the gaming stuff... i dunno it's all about preference i guess.

oh and my new MX-510 is god. no questions.

I had one with a office keyboard, didn't like it, bought a logitech optical mouse(wired not mx series the basic 5? one) -- haha much better

The Intellimouse Explorer kicks ass. I've been using one since I first tried it in 2000, and i wouldn't trade it for anything. It feels great, it's very responsive, the wheel has a great feel to it, and it works flawlessly. I'm a semi-hardcore gamer and this mouse is great.

Alright...mixed reviews so far.

I don't game very much. Worst I play is Hitman 2 and stuff like The Sims and SimCity. Most of my games require the keyboard anyways (NHL 02, MLB 03, etc). I might as well get the IntelliMouse Explorer since I can get it down to $30. Thanks everyone.