HP "Lemon" policy (laptop)

I have a HP laptop ( 2 months old) and its makoing a clicking sound from the heatsink/fan area. I know HP said if it isnt fixed in 3 tries, the lemon policy comes into effect.... with this policy, they said id either get a refund, or another system.... the refund would be about $1200 ish, and if i got another system would i get to choose, or would it be a junkeyt dektop replacement P4? what should i take

HP will not give a refund. They will, however, give you a new laptop with at least the same specs as your current, if not better, (like larger HDD, more RAM)....A buddy of mine works for HP and that's their practice.

HP will not give a refund. They will, however, give you a new laptop with at least the same specs as your current, if not better, (like larger HDD, more RAM)....A buddy of mine works for HP and that's their practice.

yeah, but i asked, and they said they dont allow the user to select which model... i dont want a desktop P4... i mean comeon.... i want to get a Pentium M system..... and Emachines.... baaahhh... why wouldnt they give me a refund?

from HP's site

"HP does not warrant that the operation of HP products will be uninterrupted or error free. If HP is unable, within a reasonable time, to repair or replace any product to a condition as warranted, you will be entitled to a refund of the purchase price upon prompt return of the product."

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtm...=c00019915.html