Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Special Edition

"Good god, PLEASE tell me I'll be able to get the DVD Special Edition of this game somehow..."

That was my post on numerous other forums where nobody is any help, so I turn to my fellow Neowin members...

Basically, I waited until tonight calmly to go and order the Unreal Tournament DVD Special Edition from Gamestop or EB Games online...pre-order that is. And to my surprise (not really, since everything bad always happens to me at the worst times) EVERYONE is out of stock! Not a single place I look has it in stock....Now, I wouldnt MIND having to shove in 6 CD's to load the game, since I'd only do it one time, but damn the DVD would be SO much nicer. Not to mention, you get a pretty metal box, and a logitech internet headset/microphone included at no cost, oh did I mention the pretty metal box? :p I found ONE person selling his pre-order on a website for $59.99 of the Special Edition DVD set....my question is, will the Special Edition be available in stores at a later time? Would it be worth it to fork out the extra $20 to get it from the person selling his pre-order? Ya gotta figure it this way...a nice logitech headset would set you back about $20 in stores, give or take. The game would be $40, so you'd end up sending $60 anyhow. But, you wouldnt get the nice metal box, or the game on DVD plus the bonus DVD that includes some extra junk I really don't care about. So, does anyone know of any places online that still have this in stock? Will I be able to get it online/retail at a later date? I dont REALLLLY care about the metal box and whatnot, but the inclusion of the headset microphone woulda been damn nice :yes:

Nice send me an auction that's already over :laugh:

All the rest of the actions are non-buy it now (god knows how high they'll get) or their from the UK/Europe..

Newegg.com and Best Buy's website both say they have ETA's of 3/17 and 3/18, so it sounds like they'll be getting the Special Edition DVD in stock, on those dates. so unless something shows up on ebay, looks like i'll be waiting another few days.

Nice send me an auction that's already over :laugh:

All the rest of the actions are non-buy it now (god knows how high they'll get) or their from the UK/Europe..

Newegg.com and Best Buy's website both say they have ETA's of 3/17 and 3/18, so it sounds like they'll be getting the Special Edition DVD in stock, on those dates. so unless something shows up on ebay, looks like i'll be waiting another few days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=62053

^-- All of those and a couple more had between 20-40 units each still available when I posted the aforementioned ebay link. They're all empty now. Perhaps you shouldve checked out eBay before posting :p

i JUST now (during my last post) got onto the PC since my original opening of this thread, I wasn't trying to be a dumbass :no: I didnt take mention to the time u posted, and the time the auction ended, sorry. Maybe a few more will popup on ebay in the coming day or two.

i JUST now (during my last post) got onto the PC since my original opening of this thread, I wasn't trying to be a dumbass :no: I didnt take mention to the time u posted, and the time the auction ended, sorry. Maybe a few more will popup on ebay in the coming day or two.

What I said was.. You shouldve checked ebay before posting the thread in the first place. If you had, you would have UT2k4 now. No worries :p

No doubt some more will pop up but im sure they'll fly like hotcakes. Keep checking VERY often, and if one was just posted and if it isnt a buy-it-now auction, email the seller immediately with a fair offer... 2/5 times they'll take the offer and close the auction.

And, in an unrelated point, GOOD GOD WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO WITH NEARLY A TERABYTE OF DATA?!?!

The special edition gets a nifty metal embossed box, the game comes on 1 DVD instead of 6-CDs, an extra DVD with a lotta extras, and a logitech internet headset microphone, all for the same price.

The extra DVD features i could care less about, the metal embossed box would be NICE, but again I wouldnt kill for it, but the fact that the game would be on ONE dvd instead of SIX cd's, and you get the headset mic, which i want/need anyway for the game and other things, is what's making me want it.

Hah, yeah it's DEFINITELY worth it if you can get your hands on it :yes: seems like it's going to be a battle though to find it online or in retail stores (if retail stores are even going to have it)

The special edition gets a nifty metal embossed box, the game comes on 1 DVD instead of 6-CDs, an extra DVD with a lotta extras, and a logitech internet headset microphone, all for the same price.

The extra DVD features i could care less about, the metal embossed box would be NICE, but again I wouldnt kill for it, but the fact that the game would be on ONE dvd instead of SIX cd's, and you get the headset mic, which i want/need anyway for the game and other things, is what's making me want it.

I thought there are 3 verison availible-

Normal CD (6 CDs)

Normal DVD (1 DVD)

Special edition DVD (2 DVDs + Headset and other stuff)

So you don't need to get the special limited one if you want just one dvd

Ok I just got back from going over to EB World, i put my pre-order there for the Special Ed DVD.

They told me both the regular and special DVD editions are the same price (49.99 Canadian), but you could only get the special edition if you pre-order it. something to do with them only being able able to afford to get the SE is they have pre-orders, whatever the **** thats all about. I went up and paid in full ( 57$ cnd after tax here in Quebec). From what I am geathering the SE is only gonna be availble with pre-orders at first.

Now on to the SE it self.

Disk 1 is the game (duh!)

Disk 2 has Maya Personal Learngin Edition 5, Tutorials from 3D Buzz (a fudge load which aren't currently avaible on their site) Here is a forum topic on the matter There is a freak load of em too, damn i cant wait!

Also comes with a Unreal window sticker, and as everyone knows, the headset and metal box.

Hope this is the answer your lookin for!

There are indeed 3 diff versions, sadly , the version that's on DVD, but is NOT special edition, is not on sale in the US

hehehe

UK rulez!

Although the realse date for the UK is 19th not 15th even though all the sites claim that the 15th is the "worldwide" reasle date. Obviously the UK is in a leauge of it's own.

Just got off the phone with my local EBGames store, and they said their still taking pre-orders. It would only make sense that they were quoted to have "X" amount of copies of the special edition available, and once they hit that amount in pre-orders, theyd stop taking them....so i hope their not dickin me over :laugh:

Like I said I did my pre-order today (saturday) soo...I expect you can probably still on sunday as well.

EDIT : Ok well the time stamp on the server must be different cause my last post said it was on the 13th and this post on the 14th but its still saturday for me.

They were taking preorders for UT2k4 before UT2k3 came out.. I remember I posted a news tidbit about it on NL back around february-march.