NCAA Tournament 2004 aka the IL College Tourney

Living in chicago you learn one thing about march madness. You have usually one team to make it a year, so take your pick (yes there have been exceptions). However, this year is incredibly odd. So who we got from the Chicago/IL area going to the tourney? Depaul, Illinois, Southern IL, University of Illinois - Chicago (UIC), and Valparaiso. Now give me a break! I usually vote for one of the IL teams to do decently well in the tournament but this is just excessive. How the he!! did IL basketball get any good? They should rename the title of the Tournament the "2004 ILLINOIS NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship". Being completely serious though I only think that Depaul and U of Illinois will do very well in the brackets. SIU may pull something but I doubt it.

ROFL, SIU is probably better or equal to U of I, they've been good for years, DePaul had a breakout season, U of I, ranked and runner up in Big Ten tourney, no so sure about Valparaiso, didn't they get an automatic

Used to live in the Chicago area. I once dataed a lady from Valparaiso. I do know your predicament. Think about mine. I'm from NC and had to keep my mouth shut. Lot different now that I'm home. :woot:

ROFL, SIU is probably better or equal to U of I, they've been good for years, DePaul had a breakout season, U of I, ranked and runner up in Big Ten tourney, no so sure about Valparaiso, didn't they get an automatic

The SIU comment is correct but what I am factoring in is U of I has expeirence in the tourney while SIU does not (minus what 2x?). Also SIU is not in a very challenging conference when compared to the Big Ten. All in all both teams are very closely matched but i think SIU most likely will only go for the 2nd round or possibly even 3rd.

Illinois has a lot of teams in the tourney mostly because Illinois is one of the best places to find talent for basketball out of high school. Most people stay in state, and goto Illinois colleges. The Illini got screwed and put into the hardest bracket and only a 5 seed too.

Yeah, I agree with lawtai, they have a lot of big HS programs within the state, especially in Chicagoland, Peoria, and a school that produces huge centers, Teutopolis.

65-39 KU with 8:20 minutes to go, anyone want to admit their defeat ;)

Edit: We won, hope it screwed up your brackets ;)