Man City vs. ManU

Ok i am not a soccer fan, but i have a question about the sport. What months of the year does the soccer season consume? and are all these teams in one huge European league or does each country have its own league and do the leagues play eachother or what? just curious..

in the uk its roughly august to may, each country has its own league(s) and then theres a few different european championships (eg champions league) which is a mix of the top clubs from the different countries

Ok i am not a soccer fan, but i have a question about the sport. What months of the year does the soccer season consume? and are all these teams in one huge European league or does each country have its own league and do the leagues play eachother or what? just curious..

Each country has its own league and cup. The league is played every week from august to may and the cup games (which are a lot less) are played through the season on set dates.

All champions of their leagues (and for some countries also the number 2 and 3, this is only for the big countries like Spain, Italy, England and France) gather together in the Champions League where they play for glory and big money.

The lesser gods (nr. 4 to 6 in their leagues) play UEFA Cup.

If you win the cup (England: FA Cup, Holland: Amstel Cup, Spain: Copa Del Rey... etc.) you qualify for the UEFA Cup no matter what your position in the league is.

The Champions League and the UEFA Cup are the so called European Cups and are played every 2 weeks (depends on the stage).

Some countries have besides the league and the cup also other prizes. England has the Charity Shield and the League Cup for example. Holland has the Johan Cruijff Schaal.