Command & Conquer Renegade

The single player will be sweet id say that much, the single player from what ive read/seen should be very good and pan out to be a nice game.

The multi player aspects now thats another story. Theres a Multiplayer demo available which I have played. Now it started off great. I was gonna buy the game the second it came out, but westwood then released a patch for it and the game just went down hill faster then Russias Economy after the collapse of the Soviety Union.

Basically it became laggy, slow, and just lost the feel of it, and I kid you not I have never seen so many bad comments made about a game in several chatrooms, such as was renegade. Now its debateable weather westwood or Gamespy is to blame, but alot of people after playing this MultiPlayer demo wont be purchasing the fullgame.

All in all I wont be purchasing it, but before the patches were released it was a fun game, the units were diverse and intresting, and the need for teamwork to overwhelm a base was good, and the ol CNC tactics can be used in it too, and controlling qa stealth tank, and mammoth tanks and even the Mobile Rocket Launchers were very cool, and even killing a nod soldier or too is pretty cool, so if your not looking to buy the game for multiplayer alone I would recommend it but if your just after it for Multi Player aspects,I wouldnt be handing my money over the counter for it.

PCZone gave is something like 75% so it's no classic. I've been playing it online for a while and since the second patch it's been 'quite' good. But then again, I am on Cable, it would be AWFUL for 56k users!

There is a new patch out now, 1.07 i think. That seems to fix ALL of the problems that were in the previous versions. Not only have i been able to connect to the server now (something that the 1.06 patch just stopped me from doing totally) it doesnt have any lag and the game is pretty fast. Ive not even been disconnected from the server yet either.

As for the game, multi player is "alright" but its hard to judge because in the demo there is only one map and i dont think everything is available to buy / do in it. The single player should be very good, the idea for the game is great even though i was very scheptical (sp?) of it at first.

I dont think ill be buying it right away, i may test the full thing from another location before buying it, but i have always ended up buying ALL the C&C games and addons so .... i dunno.

I'm on ADSL 256/128 kbps and I have been playing it using the second patch (1.07) and it is great! No lag except when there is a heavy battle, flamethrowers and stuff like that but I would say that that is normal, it is not like it was, always laggy, even when only 2 were playing. But I am definently going to buy it. :cool: