Stanley Cup Predictions Thread

Just post your opinion for certain teams that you think will win the Stanley Cup this year.

I live in BC, so I really want the Canucks to win, and as you all know, with the loss of big Bert, I dunno if the cup will be coming here this year. I think Colorado has a very good chance this year. Aebisher (sp) has done an excellent job this season (much better than I thought) and the Avs have a very good lineup with some speed, but a lot of experience too. They will have a great reason and motivation as well with the loss of Steve Moore. The Lightning are hot, but I don't think they can carry it all the way to the finals, they will either get knocked out first or second round. Then my other choice would be the NJ Devils. They haven't had a spectacular season, but they have lots of spirit and a ton of leadership on their team. Brodeur has shone like a light bulb this season and they can expect great goaltending in the playoffs. The Devils always come alive in the postseason, and they usually do very well. They have a good playoff oriented strategy, and although the trap can be boring, it works very well against most opponents. I would give the cup to either the Avs, or the Devils this year.

Being a Devils fan since they were a mickey mouse club and used to practice at ice world with the ugly green trimmed jersey's its kinda great to have this past decade of being good., so i want them to win and hope they do it again. But the Lanche could win it and it would be OK. Philly isn't gonna win anything cause the whole damn city and every one of their sports teams is cursed!! And we like it that way!!! ;) But i think that in all reality there are too many good teams out there to say anyone is a sure bet, and look forward to the playoffs.

Toronto Maple Leafs Blue Jersey's -Best Jersey's Ever!!! :yes:

philly in the east baby!!!!

despite the star names on colorado, it's goal tending that wins stanley cups, and they just give up wayyyyyyyyyy too many gpg. i really don't care who comes from the west :p

Maybe a dark horse like Calgary, but more likely Detroit this year me thinks.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :rofl:

Wings... they are injured now and still winning. Plus with all the injuries they have right now those players that come back will be well rested and ready to go WOOT WOOT

hehe, i'm a michigan boy, but for some reason i hate the pistons/lions/tigers/wings. so i'm really hoping it's not the wings again. :)

did you get any dmb tix for this summer?

Since I'm a Montrealer, time to do the yearly ritual: Habs all the way!!!! :)

To be honest, having the Canadiens or the Senators get it would be cool (either way)

hehe, i'm a michigan boy, but for some reason i hate the pistons/lions/tigers/wings. so i'm really hoping it's not the wings again. :)

You should be ashamed! :o

Wings and the Lions should be cheered for if you live in MI, the others I could careless about ;)

Growing up watching Barry shake everyone out of their shoes, and watching the Wings finally win their first cup in a long time (that sweep against Philly :p) great moments :)

(Used to lived in MI til I was around 17)

j/k lol :p :ninja:

toronto vs. detroit.

the history and everything between these two teams, it would be awesome to have this series. would be great for hockey too. :yes:

the best would be a Montreal Avalanche series cause then i wouldnt care who wins... well maybe i'd root for montreal so we could trash downtown again like we did in 93

Montreal has had a great run for the playoffs. They wont make it past the first round I don't think though.

yup both shows for Alpine

The Avs are ok... I love Sakic lol... He was born right where I grew up. The Avs are like Vancouver's sworn enemies though haha

the best would be a Montreal Avalanche series cause then i wouldnt care who wins... well maybe i'd root for montreal so we could trash downtown again like we did in 93

That's what I'm looking for. Having been a wee 11 year old when last we won, I didn't have the chance to loot and pillage. Not like I'd actually do... but I want to be around for the celebration! I was working the day we had the Alouettes parade... saw it on TV from work. Lord knows nobody celebrates a team winning like Montreal. Go Habs Go!

~D

I hope the Habs do well, but Theodore can't carry a team all the way through, you saw that two years ago. Basically no goalie can just carry a mediocre team through everything.