Laptops in for Repair

My laptops screen has gone bust and black things come out bright green! Ive phoned samsung and it was collected today to be shipped to Island to be repaired. So for a while im going to be stuck on a p2 267mhz windows xp box (xp because I thought it would be a good idea and then found out it wouldn?t be). Its all so slow. Have you ever had to have your pc repaired and how long was it in repair for? I need mine back!

I have the same situation with my laptop , randomly overheating , and mouse spasm attacks

get the company to repair it, I couldn?t deal with the green screen anymore I think all it is, is a plug in the backs come lose but I void my warranty if I touch it.

I've never actually had to send in anything to get fixed. Longest time one of my computers was out of commission was half a week; the monitor had started crackling and smoking. Gateway techs didn't really wanna deal with fixing an old POS, so they sent over a brand new moniter. Two, actually, though we only got to keep the newer model.

This laptop's keyboard started malfunctioning once, so I sent them a few e-mails. They sent me a couple useless replies, "Check those drivers." "Visit this FAQ page." "Ok, type this address into your Location Bar.". Then I got mad and yelled at them for their unhelpfulness (How the F' do I tye in an addess i my ucing eyboad ist woing ight), and they sent me a replacement keyboard.

Never been down with a hardware problem for more than a week.

• 2 weeks later...

My laptop has been sat in Ireland now for a week doing nothing they haven?t sent it back haven?t repaired it its just sat their, in that time I ordered a external hard disk that came within 2 days why cant these guys get there act together.

I'm gonna need to send my Toshiba in, its got some heat problems recently for some reason, and the mouse does rarely spaz out and stop responding, also it slowed to the speed of a P1 when it's ment to be a P4-M 2.8ghz, formatting it now.

Kinda annoying though, also has some power problems with the jack in it, and it turned itself off the other day.

Not the kind of thing i would expect from Toshiba. :(

My Dell Inspiron lappy has had numerous problems. Lets see whats been repaired:

Mobo replaced twice

Hard drive replaced twice

Screen replaced once

Thank God for in home warrenty I was never without it for a long period of time...

But now the warrenty is expired...hope it stays good for a while, it'd almost brand new after all those repairs so it should.