[NFL] Brunell to the redskins

Well, I cant find any threads about it in neowin, so, read the story: http://nfl.com/news/story/7167454

We all know that with a good support brunell is awesome, I just hope that they implement a good scheme to use the full potential of brunell and portis together and the skins will have a superbowl team

Did they upgrade their line? I don't remember watching many skins games but I do remember Ramsey getting killed in the ones I've seen.. I don't think Brunell will be able to take those same hits.

Ramsey took lots of hits because Spurrier had absolutely no blitz pick-up in his offense. He was a sitting duck because he was expected to do the same thing under a blitz as when not, just faster.

,Mar 16 2004, 13:48]they have faith that Joe Bugel re-creates an offensive line similar to the "hogs"

The "Hogs" have been credited as being the finest offensive line ever to play the game. Whew! That's a lot to live up to. Joe Bugel is still held in high esteem in DC and hopefully he will do well. After all, we still have 'dos guys dressed up in dresses and pig noses after all of these years. At any rate, Joe Gibbs knows how to surround himself with talented people. That's what makes him successful. Spurrier never realized this and so he was unsuccessful. He thought it was about him.

Did they upgrade their line? I don't remember watching many skins games but I do remember Ramsey getting killed in the ones I've seen.. I don't think Brunell will be able to take those same hits.

it wasn't just their line that was the problem... spurrier's scheme is not to protect the QB as much as most coaches do... his was pretty much more like all out passing with no pass protection...

so it wasn't just the line's fault.

the redskins have a great shot at having an awesome offense. Their defense might still be a little suspect, but the pickups they made were pretty good. I'm also sure Greg Williams'll do a great job with the defense. Hopefully all the pickups they've made will pay off and they'll atleast be able to make it into the playoffs.

im not here to flame on the redskins but, if they end up below 500 again this season... then it goes to show you their wasting their time with sgning all those players