[NFL] 2004 Draft

Ok. Topic here for all things NFL draft.

Who will go #1?

Who do you hope your favorite team picks?

Who will have the best draft?

Etc...

# Sel# Team

1 1 San Diego

2 2 Oakland

3 3 Arizona

4 4 N.Y. Giants

5 5 Washington

6 6 Detroit

7 7 Cleveland

8 8 Atlanta

9 9 Jacksonville

10 10 Houston

11 11 Pittsburgh

12 12 N.Y. Jets

13 13 Buffalo

14 14 Chicago

15 15 Tampa Bay

16 16 San Francisco

17 17 Cincinnati

18 18 New Orleans

19 19 Minnesota

20 20 Miami

21 21 New England (from Baltimore)

22 22 Dallas

23 23 Seattle

24 24 Denver

25 25 Green Bay

26 26 St. Louis

27 27 Tennessee

28 28 Philadelphia

29 29 Indianapolis

30 30 Kansas City

31 31 Carolina

32 32 New England

I am going to go for Ben Roethlisberger as the No1 pick. I know that Eli Manning is the favorite but I hope that the Chargers will do a good job and pick Ben. Ben is from my college and is a real nice guy. Good luck to the others in the draft (Y)

I think Oakland has the best position to pick someone. They will go for Larry Fitzgerald but I dont know about Rich Gannon. So do they need a QB?

Either san diego or Oaklando is going to pick Eli Manning, its an obvious selection, they need a good QB

Yeah, I think so too, probably San Diego with Ben and Oakland with Eli unless Oakland will pick up a RB?

I haven't heard much about the draft, so I'll have to check up to see what's going on.

,Mar 16 2004, 13:57] Either san diego or Oaklando is going to pick Eli Manning, its an obvious selection, they need a good QB

Not according to ESPN Insider.

They say that SD will pick Eli and Oakland Larry Fitz from Pitts. :shifty:

Ben goes to Arizona under Dennis Green. :whistle:

Oakland needs someone to replace JR in a couple of years. So they r going 4 Larry Fitzgerald.

,Mar 16 2004, 13:57] Either san diego or Oaklando is going to pick Eli Manning, its an obvious selection, they need a good QB

i figured they were gonna go receiver by the boston trade...

but i hope the skins get that WR from USC ;)

i figured they were gonna go receiver by the boston trade...

but i hope the skins get that WR from USC ;)

that will be great to complete the offensive.

about eli's I hope he doesnt feel the pressure to be the brother of one of the best QB in nfl

Manning is going #1.

I would absolutely love if Atlanta traded up to get Robert Gallery to protect Michael Vick. But if that doesnt happen, I'd like to get WR Roy Williams

i dont see why the chargers are going to draft QB again. they got brees, there are other good qb's out there... you just dumped your #1 receiver for a 5th round pick and a player to be named later, two years after accquiring him.

wtf are the chargers thinking?

I doubt the redskins would pick up a WR. They'd be more likely to draft Kellen Winslow or trade their pick. They already have Coles and Gardner, and a solid back in Portis. They could also draft Sean Taylor and help out their defense some.

Toxikk, I agree that San Diego will go for WR since they ditched Boston. They need a quality number one they can count on. They cannot continue to use Tomlinson as their #1 WR. Fitz is a great choise but Williams out of USC will be a stud also. Either way I dont think they can go wrong. After that, I think that Oakland takes a QB (most likely Eli) and Arizona takes leftovers on the WR.

CNNSI provides a scenario where San Diego and Arizona trade first round pics (San Diego picking up an extra pick in a later round from Arizona) in order for Arizona to have #1 overall. I don't see much motivation for that since Green appears to be set on McCown as his starting QB, and their are two quality WR's to be had right off the bat.

man, i kinda hope that the raiders dont take eli.

i would like to see arizona and san diego switch... arizona would get eli, and screw the raiders... while the chargers would still get their WR most likely.

DO IT CHARGERS! its not vick this time! you can let him go. you need a wr. screw the raiders??!!

The Raiders need to trade down and pick up some draft picks is what they need to do. Otherwise they are going to have defensive backs and linemen with walkers on the field. They are getting a little old.

The Raiders need to trade down and pick up some draft picks is what they need to do. Otherwise they are going to have defensive backs and linemen with walkers on the field. They are getting a little old.

they have BEEN old...

Eagles will take a CB or a LB with their first pick, that I know for a fact. (Trading up for Deangelo Hall is an option.)

I doubt the redskins would pick up a WR. They'd be more likely to draft Kellen Winslow or trade their pick. They already have Coles and Gardner, and a solid back in Portis. They could also draft Sean Taylor and help out their defense some.

Also D. McCants. One solid reciever who's always there when the Skins get in close. He's very underated.

God, I don't even want to think about the 49ers and the draft this year. There are SOOO many areas where they need improvement.

Obviously, as with every year, the offensive line is a necessity, especially now that the 49ers are going to be a pocket-passing team (Tim Rattay isn't close to the scrambler Jeff Garcia was). The receiving corps needs to be looked at as well, with only Brandon Lloyd and Cedrick Wilson returning. Arnaz Battle will be back after injury; he is the guy I'm really excited to see play, I loved his play at Notre Dame. The defense seems pretty set and is the focus of the team. As the defense goes, so goes the 49ers season.